JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says, just picked up a new to me 08 JK in Rescue Green. I am a bit old school - 2 door - manual - soft top. I had the first Rubicon back in 03' and got rid of it due to a move that caused wheeling to never happen. I have been back in Denver now for a few years and ready to start over again. I picked up this Rubi a week and a half ago and just ordered the RK 2.5 X Factor kit just today. Big thanks to Northridge4X4 for the great price and availability of the kit! My 03' had 35s and the RE Long Arm kit. I am excited to see how this RK kit compares. I know it will be easier to install for sure! Here is a pic from the first weekend trip - stock as can be!

I will post pics as I build from here!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tonight I will start the tear down of the stock suspension in prep for the arrival of the RK 2.5" X Factor tomorrow. I have to be done in time on Saturday to get it over to Discount Tire for them to install the new wheels and tires. Kind of last minute, I decided to go with 15 x 8 MB TKO wheels and 35 x 12.5 x 15 MT/R Ks. I was planning to run the stock wheel for awhile but in looking at the cost difference between the 15" tire and the 17, on top of the 15 looking better in my opinion, I decided to go that route. I will post some pics as I get working on this.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, spent a little time tonight on the build. Got the front torn down, shocks, springs, track bar, and lowers. Had to stop at the uppers as it was to late to run the cutoff wheel or the reciprocating saw and the frame bolt on the passenger side upper will need to be cut off. Hardest part of the whole deal...... the stupid plastic cover and push pins that hold it in place!!!! It didn't really need to come off but I wanted it out of my way. I plan to either remove the electronic disco system in favor of an old fashion manual sway bar, or protect it with the Poison Spyder Disco Skid.

Tomorrow my kit should arrive and I should be able to complete the front tomorrow night. That will leave the rear for Friday and/or Saturday. Should have plenty of time to make it to Discount Tire on Saturday before they close and then a flex test run on Sunday. I am thinking Coney Flats or something close and easy like that. Anyone have any recommendations for a flex test run? I can't remember the trail that is mostly dirt but with lots of ruts and causes many 2 tire balancing acts.

Anyway, must say that I have missed wrenching. Good to be back!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a few long hours in the garage the past few days, it is done. Well, not done but rather done with this first project. Actually, technically this phase isn't even really done, have to get an alinement so I guess I should say that I am done with my portion of the project.

The RK 2.5 X Factor kit is pretty awesome but I must say, the instructions suck! Had a little bit of track bar frustration today, but otherwise, went pretty smooth.

Here she is after a visit to see the good folks at Discount Tire. Thanks again guys, and sorry to keep you so late on a Saturday.

RK 2.5 X Factor lift + 15" MB TKO's wrapped with 35x12.5x15 MT/R

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t581/Bryan_S_Hamilton/2013-07-27184506_zpsf69ca168.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.