JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so happy to get rid of my Hancooks (35x12,50 MT).:bounce:

Toyo Open Country's now(35x12,50 MT). Much quieter and hope to get More than 20,000 out of them, without them self destructing, and causing wobble noise and uncomfortable driving. Yes, I have rotated, balanced, And lifetime alignment at Firestoned them. I will do the same to these and see which lasts longer. I will keep you all posted.

I am interested in hearing about what you's (Italian thing) are getting for tire life? Please let me know and the brand. I may go with 37's next time, and as this is such an investment, I would like to know which brands offer the best success.

Thank you :beer:

·
Registered
90 Posts

Toyo Open Country's now(35x12,50 MT). Much quieter and hope to get More than 20,000 out of them, without them self destructing, and causing wobble noise and uncomfortable driving. Yes, I have rotated, balanced, And lifetime alignment at Firestoned them. I will do the same to these and see which lasts longer. I will keep you all posted.

I am interested in hearing about what you's (Italian thing) are getting for tire life? Please let me know and the brand. I may go with 37's next time, and as this is such an investment, I would like to know which brands offer the best success.

Toyos are a harder rubber and my Toyo open country MT's 35000 and a friend just under 40000 installed on trucks. BFG's 25000 on my trucks. Nitto Grapplers 25000. All were 35's

Still on my first set for the jK and its only got about 7500 on it sorry. Dont know if this helps...

:pissed:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got 35k out of my first set of 35" MTR's. They got hard, not worn. 5k out of the current set and they are jacked. Maybe I should align it? It has only been 4 1/2 years and 3 suspension systems? :confused:

Glad to hear that you are happy. Has the DW decreased? If you hit up Off Road Expo stop by our booth, I'd like to say hello.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have about 20,000 on my Cepek FCII's, and the guy I got em from put 12,000 miles on em. they are 35"s, still have some decent tread left

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got 25000 out of my first set of my 37" Irok Radials, could have gotten more if I rotated them properly. The rears still had a around 50% tread left. I have abot 5K on the new set and they still look new.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got 35k out of my first set of 35" MTR's. They got hard, not worn. 5k out of the current set and they are jacked. Maybe I should align it? It has only been 4 1/2 years and 3 suspension systems? :confused:

Glad to hear that you are happy. Has the DW decreased? If you hit up Off Road Expo stop by our booth, I'd like to say hello.
I was planning on stopping by but I have to work a show in Las Vegas that weekend. Not as pimpin as Pomona of course but................ Another day another dollar.

Frank thank you again for all you and Edlebrock have done for me. The tire swap and keeping the front end bolted up nice and tight have solved the issue for now. The welds and gussets I made for the control arm brackets are holding up nice.

5000 Mi and toast already............ Holy Crap

·
Registered
229 Posts
5000 Mi and toast already............ Holy Crap
No alignment and Pig drove it back from Moab. Not great for the tires.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cooper STT 35's with 25k and 50% +/- left.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cooper STT 35's with 25k and 50% +/- left.
Hi Ak

Coopers I thought someone might have said they are the same as the pro comps?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I had 26k on my ProComp Xterrains and they still looked pretty good. Never rotated and plenty of offroad trips

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Toyos are a harder rubber and my Toyo open country MT's 35000 and a friend just under 40000 installed on trucks. BFG's 25000 on my trucks. Nitto Grapplers 25000. All were 35's

Still on my first set for the jK and its only got about 7500 on it sorry. Dont know if this helps...

:pissed:

* Send Message
* User Lists

Last Activity: Today 02:30 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread San Felipe, Mexico. Nov. 7-8-9

* User Lists
* Add to Friends List
* Add to Contacts
* Add to Ignore List

* Send a Message to Rubimon
* Send a private message to Rubimon

* My JK
* About Me
* Statistics
* Friends
* Contact Info
* »

My JK

Year
Model
Rubicon
Transmission
Automatic
Suspension
Full Traction 3" Ultimate Lift
Wheels & Tires
Wheels are ProComp 1089

Tires are:
Toyo MT's 35 x 12.5 x 17
Bumpers
No fkn way, eehh.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Paul, I've got BFG A/T 35s on mine (well, 34.5....315.70R17) with about 18K miles on them. You saw them in Temecula a couple weeks ago, getting decent tread wear. I commute a lot more than I go off road right now, so.....

·
Registered
918 Posts

I'm curious to know how the Toyo's are holding up as I'm looking to get a set of these myself.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've got 33" BFGs' KM2s, I've got 20k on them and they still look brand new.:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts