JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and the Jeep scene. Looking for some advice and suggestions.

Looking to replace the stock tires (255 75R17) on my 2013 Jeep Unlimited Sport. Not looking for anything crazy but maybe something with bigger tread and maybe slightly wider. Most of my driving is street/freeway and not sure if changing out the tires would bring make the drive that much worse? Trying to see how much bigger I can go on the tires before having to make changes with a lift kit?

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum and the Jeep scene. Looking for some advice and suggestions.

Looking to replace the stock tires (255 75R17) on my 2013 Jeep Unlimited Sport. Not looking for anything crazy but maybe something with bigger tread and maybe slightly wider. Most of my driving is street/freeway and not sure if changing out the tires would bring make the drive that much worse? Trying to see how much bigger I can go on the tires before having to make changes with a lift kit?
I had a set of Firestone Destination ATs on a pickup. Far better than the stock GYs. Also had the older version of the Michelin LTX AT2. Very good tires.

But of you're planning for any off road use, you'll want something like the BFG KO2 at a minimum.

Make sure you post an intro in the Welcome section. Some folks get all sensitive about that :laughing:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had a set of GY Duratracs put on my 2015 Rubicon with that size, man what a difference from the OE BFG mud terrains. Quieter, smoother & much better wet & snow traction. I'll have to be more careful on anything super rocky off road that the BFG's would handle with no problem since the DT's are a 2 ply sidewall in the size I bought....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts