JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the new Teraflex ball joints, LCA skids, and C gussets are sleeves are in. Steering feels solid but Lordy she's got some sticky, sluggish sorta flighty driving now.
Told em not to worry about an alignment as TOE is the only issue and shouldn't be affected. They said what about the tie rod and alignment. Told em naw.
Is this "new ball joint syndrome" where it has to wear in? 500 miles? Should I just drive the hell out of it and hope it improves vs getting accustomed to it? Lol
Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
40 Posts
My new Synergy ball joints did the same thing. Got a lot better with mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Drive it and just not around town.

We put some g2's in a guys jeep and he was told by multiple people to get out on a dirt washboard road and drive it like he stole it. Nope milked it over and over again and still complains about steering issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
if they're greasable, squish 'me full to get what shipped in them purged as best you can.
Afterwards , go run the begeezus out of them out away from traffic doing figure eights and circles in both directions then some hard turning . They'll loosen up. Don't leave the shipping grease in them and alwYs grease them more than you think you should and they'll last a long time.. :jeep2:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bottoms are being redone. They (installer) didn't properly grind clearence on the outer axle shafts and it shaved about 1.5mm off the top of the lower at the 4 o'clock position. Your 08 won't be an issue. Anything 12+ is.

Special shout out to Dan the Man Pulsford who had my back from purchase to install and beyond with the Installation issue. None of it was teraflex and he assured me he'd make it right.

Love Teraflex for their business approach and support. These ball joints are beefy.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts