JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i think im gonna get 2 JL Audio 10W6v2 Subs.

h t t p://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_12513_JL_Audio_10W6v2.aspx

I dont t mucknow thah about amps so what would you recommend i do about my amp?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Well those subs are 400 watts RMS each (peak doesnt matter)
They are dual voice coil 4 ohm subs, so depending on wiring you can run them at 2ohms if you run a 2 channel amp, or 4 ohms if you run a mono amp.(running parallel)

So you need 800-1000 watts at 2ohm x 2 or 4 ohms x 1.
Yo can also get different outcomes on load if you run in series.....
check this out for a little help:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xtQh7uY7iMV/Learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html

Brand is up to you....
since your getting JL subs id reccommend a quality amp to go with them...JL, Fosgate, high end Kicker etc....

Those are way nice subs, but if your going to be spending that much anyway and dont know what you are doing you should really go to a nice stereo shop and have them help you out with matching up components to get the best sound. Just be aware they will probably pimp their products a bit, so go in fairly educated.

·
Registered
311 Posts
First off, I would recommend swapping the factory H/U for something Kenwood....
but that's just me, I really like their stuff!
I mean line level converters work for factory decks an all buuut...
I'm ol'skool an if you want really stupid(LOUD) music like me you go with the best!......
I've only spent approx 800 bucks on my Audio set-up
an I can blow the doors off of systems that cost three times that much:smokin:
just replacing the deck will open up new doors as there are alot of options not available in factory units..... sub-sonic filters for front/rear/sub channels, Dual zone capabilities, BlueTooth streaming, ETC.
come tax time I'll have a really nice KenWood BTC838 H/U I'll make you a Good deal on....and
If you have a current music player/capable phone with BT you'll be able to stream your music to it like I do now (no more CD's or Ipods connected with a cable)
Make/Receive calls, view text's, play music via BT

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I'm ol'skool an if you want really stupid(LOUD) music like me you go with the best!......
just replacing the deck will open up new doors as there are alot of options not available in factory units..... sub-sonic filters for front/rear/sub channels, Dual zone capabilities, BlueTooth streaming, ETC.
come tax time I'll have a really nice KenWood BTC838 H/U I'll make you a Good deal on....and
If you have a current music player/capable phone with BT you'll be able to stream your music to it like I do now (no more CD's or Ipods connected with a cable)
Not bad advice id say
i had a bluetooth setup on my facory head unit and i LOVED it, so convenient.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not bad advice id say
i had a bluetooth setup on my facory head unit and i LOVED it, so convenient.
You were'nt able to stream Audio to it though were you?
just call reception?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well those subs are 400 watts RMS each (peak doesnt matter)
They are dual voice coil 4 ohm subs, so depending on wiring you can run them at 2ohms if you run a 2 channel amp, or 4 ohms if you run a mono amp.(running parallel)

So you need 800-1000 watts at 2ohm x 2 or 4 ohms x 1.
Yo can also get different outcomes on load if you run in series.....
check this out for a little help:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xtQh7uY7iMV/Learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html

Brand is up to you....
since your getting JL subs id reccommend a quality amp to go with them...JL, Fosgate, high end Kicker etc....

Those are way nice subs, but if your going to be spending that much anyway and dont know what you are doing you should really go to a nice stereo shop and have them help you out with matching up components to get the best sound. Just be aware they will probably pimp their products a bit, so go in fairly educated.
thanks you just educated me a ton!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i am getting a new H/U (I think alpine 2 DIN). thanks for this it helped me out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stay away from onlinecarstereo.com. Good pricing, very poor service.

Not good news, unless you like waiting on equipment for your Jeep.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts