JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I don't know why no one has offered this and any company is welcome to steal this idea....

A small storage compartment that mounts over the rear wheel well, that can open and close, can be locked, and has a small light inside. We all know the JK doesn't have a lot of places that you can store stuff and not only that but not worry about it being stolen. I personally think this is a great idea and would love to see someone offer this. It would be a great place to store emergency tools or expensive items. I would think someone could produce one of these in aluminum for $150ish.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Okay I don't know why no one has offered this and any company is welcome to steal this idea....

A small storage compartment that mounts over the rear wheel well, that can open and close, can be locked, and has a small light inside. We all know the JK doesn't have a lot of places that you can store stuff and not only that but not worry about it being stolen. I personally think this is a great idea and would love to see someone offer this. It would be a great place to store emergency tools or expensive items. I would think someone could produce one of these in aluminum for $150ish.
I actually had a set of panels designed up and was going to have prototypes made last fall. I simply put it on the back burner for now but it was going to run about $400-$450 for steel with finish and another $50 for aluminum. This was for both sides.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38017&highlight=cargo+panels

·
Vendor
1,317 Posts
I've been working on a design. Don't have pricing yet.

It will have storage, like you mention and an optional locking trunk lid.

In the mean while, I have these LINK TO STORAGE BAGS Not secure, but a KILLER product.

And this: LINK TO STORAGE TUB ENLARGEMENT KIT

I actually had a set of panels designed up and was going to have prototypes made last fall. I simply put it on the back burner for now but it was going to run about $400-$450 for steel with finish and another $50 for aluminum. This was for both sides.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

That's sort of what i'm talking about... Just not as big. I'm talking about something that just fits over the wheel well. But I like your idea. $450 is pretty steep though.

I've been working on a design. Don't have pricing yet.

It will have storage, like you mention and an optional locking trunk lid.

In the mean while, I have these LINK TO STORAGE BAGS Not secure, but a KILLER product.

And this: LINK TO STORAGE TUB ENLARGEMENT KIT
Awesome, Post some pictures up! The bag idea is cool, But i'd rather have something that is secured down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts