JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reviewed a bunch of stuff here but still don't know what to do. I was big into stereos back 15-20 years ago but have no idea now what sucks or is good. I am ripping out my stereo when I do my new cage, after the engine swap. I wont be able to use the sound bar anymore. I also cant put in a sub. The new cage will accommodate a third row as well. I have an 07 with the POS head unit.

I want to gut everything and start over. I have no real room for amps, except under the steering column maybe. But honestly I have no idea how small amps are now. Any advice. I don't care about price, I just want a new system that doesn't suck, all new speakers everything. Brands that are better than others? I may be able to use a two piece soundbar like TJ's. What about the pods on the dash? Anyone make replacements?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood all make decent units. Wake board pods on the cage with a micro class D amp would probably be your best option. Rockford and Soundstream make extremely small class D amplifiers. Since you won't have a sub, you'll need a lot of power to get any low end out of separates or coaxials.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood all make decent units. Wake board pods on the cage with a micro class D amp would probably be your best option. Rockford and Soundstream make extremely small class D amplifiers. Since you won't have a sub, you'll need a lot of power to get any low end out of separates or coaxials.
I have been looking at those wakeboard pods and think that may be the way to go. Thanks for the advice on units and amps. I am like a lost puppy looking at this stuff. A lot different than the huge PPI amps I used to run.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Are you going to the Meet and Greet at Kmart/Mixteca tomorrow night?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts