JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently added new seats and bases to my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door and I love them but it was not without problems. I was able to disconnect underseat wiring with the engine off and when finished reconnect the original wires with no problem lights on the dash. Those wires must be removed from a plastic retainer just above the seat springs. Everything seems to be working properly. The seats are:
Corbeau Sport Reclining Seats; Black Cloth; Pair
and they require Corbeau Double Locking Seat Bracket; Driver Side and
Corbeau Double Locking Seat Bracket; Passenger Side. These seats are great, I love them but the specific bases are not so specific. Three holes lined up easily but the fourth required a long pry bar and a lot of muscle to line up. The first took forever to mount but the second went in a little smoother. After bolting down the seats, I reconnected the underseat wiring connecters and it worked great, no unwanted indicators on the dash. I taped the underseat wiring into a bundle to keep everything neat. By the way, I cut the passenger seat to remove the wiring and plastic pad that shows passenger seat is occupied in order to keep that wiring circuit complete. I have photos in the customer builds.

P.S. Be careful removing the seat passive restraint, it's explosive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are really comfortable and I highly recommend them. To spoof the integrated computer system, I removed the integrated weight sensor from the front passenger seat and removed the wiring harness from each seat. Don't forget to remove weight sensor from passenger seat.

Just taped the wires into a bundle under the seats. No fault indicators on the dash by leaving everything connected. After freeing wires from original seats make sure they are secured out of the way under the new seats. Use original seat belts and passenger air bag.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I keep coming back to look at your new seats . My wallet does not thank you . Haha
Quick Question
I may have misunderstood what you typed. Are you saying took weight pad out of old seat and DID NOT install in new seat . It's just all bundled
up under the seat ?
As that weight pad is linked to front passenger side dash air bag. If it senses minimum weight . Think it may be 60 lbs or less it will not deploy as a child may be in front seat .
If it's not hooked up and bundled under seat . Airbag will not deploy if in a front end collision .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep coming back to look at your new seats . My wallet does not thank you . Haha
Quick Question
I may have misunderstood what you typed. Are you saying took weight pad out of old seat and DID NOT install in new seat . It's just all bundled
up under the seat ?
As that weight pad is linked to front passenger side dash air bag. If it senses minimum weight . Think it may be 60 lbs or less it will not deploy as a child may be in front seat .
If it's not hooked up and bundled under seat . Airbag will not deploy if in a front end collision .
Hello Speartip, thanks for the reminder.. I have considered this and will probably place the flat sensor in her seat. I will have to wiggle it in somehow. She is very short and likes to turn the airbag off anyway which is why I didn't reinstall it originally. The sensor just rests below the seatcover so it should be easy to reinstall. I can see why you keep checking out the seats, they are so comfortable. They have really high seat bolsters that really hold you in place, you seem to sit in the seat and not on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It’s probably a really good idea to set up in new seat .
Cause if passenger was injured or gawd forbid worse in a frontal collision .
The authorities and insurance company could possibly come down pretty hard on you .
I found this real quick so the following is a quote :
To legally disable an airbag you need to submit a written request to NHTSA and, if approved, the work has to be done by an authorized dealer or shop.

Really like your Jeep BTW.
Don’t see many yellow ones up here . The colour def suites your Jeep . Thanks again for the detailed install on your seats. Have a super evening :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts