JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So buying a Jeep to build for family and trails. Will be installing the Dynatrac ProRock 44 in the front and Metalcloak Gamechanger suspension. I am trying to decide should I just buy a Sport and install the front axle and Atlas transfer case? Anyone know if Atlas makes a kit for the JK or does everything have to be customer fabricated? How strong in the stock transfer case, also on the Dynatrac should I use the factory locker with RCV axles or upgrade to Detroit locker with 35-spline RCV axles. Jeep will see allot of street use as well. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you're committed to the PR44 and willing to spend on the Atlas, save the Rubi money, as that's really what you're getting from the Sport to the Rubi. Especially if you're doing the MC Kit soon. Outside of that, is the interior luxuries, which I am not sure if you can get in the Sport..

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
Are you looking at a new one? If I am not mistaken, and I could be, Atlas will not work on the 2012 and newer JK's. They may have a fix for this now but I would look into it.

Aside from that, if your swapping the front and everything else, I would just save like Christian said. We did that on our JKU and are happy. No need to spend if your just going to get rid of it.

-Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know if Atlas has a TC that will work with the new JK?

·
Registered
125 Posts
check out surfdogdude on Youtube. He has a series of like 15 videos at least of him transforming is JKU Sport into something much like you want to do. This link is the first video in the series. He even adds an Atlas.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Do some pencil work Sport with upgrades vs Rubicon. Last time I did this for someone the Sport was just a bit more expensive, but a lot better rig. With a Rubi you'll have to figure in beefing the front axle, and in many cases you'll end up tossing the Rubi bits for better aftermarket stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 13 JKURubi with Teraflex R44. It was about $3,500 to swap out the busted D44. BJ's, Chromo Axles, U Joints, tools and oil. I did all labor except gears. I don't have tools for setting gears. My wife was Pissed. Got Damn Fireball Whiskey and a submerged log.

I gets pricey quick. I agree with him ^^^^ research.

Ernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts