JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am looking for a set of round tail lights. Basically what I want to do is cover the square hole with sheet metal and have the light come out. I will not be using the Steel Corners. Has anybody done this? :beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I started to do what you are talking about, but I was going to use my AEV trail-corners. It would require cutting a small amt of the body sheet-metal to get the 4" lights to fit (regardless of mounting them to aftermarket corners or not.

I was then going to use button-head black screws to mount the the sheet-metal to the corners. Not too complicated of a project, but I have decided to go a different route now and install some Warrior Products steel taillight housings with flush-mounted 4" taillights and 2" LED back-up lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started to do what you are talking about, but I was going to use my AEV trail-corners. It would require cutting a small amt of the body sheet-metal to get the 4" lights to fit (regardless of mounting them to aftermarket corners or not.

I was then going to use button-head black screws to mount the the sheet-metal to the corners. Not too complicated of a project, but I have decided to go a different route now and install some Warrior Products steel taillight housings with flush-mounted 4" taillights and 2" LED back-up lights.
Thanks and good luck withy the project, looks like you be using two round tail lights. I am hoping to find one single one with all the toys.... what light came with them conrners?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm going to be doing this soon. I'll be using a template to scribe the tail light opening onto a 1/8" steel plate. Then, drilling the plate appropriately for the ORO LiteDots tail lights. I may weld a nut at each hole in the back of the plate so I can securely screw through the light and into the plate. Then, once all is completed, weld the plate the entire way around onto the body.

The ORO lights have brake, signal, and reverse in 1 unit.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Those don't do anything for me... What's the point if they still stick off the body?? The idea is the flush mount. Somebody needs to make
Some Jk specific flush or nearly flush tail lights

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Those don't do anything for me... What's the point if they still stick off the body?? The idea is the flush mount. Somebody needs to make
ORO Lite Dots. Need some fabbing on the body, but it'll be flush. Give me 2 weeks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am with you on this and I would like to have only one light with the reverse integrated and signals. I lost the book mark but one time saw the perfect solution on one of those Steel corners. the round light was sticking out maybe about 1/2 an inch. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
This is what I got...(The black round lites.) They sit nearly flush..and they are LED's. back up, brake, turn signal, running. get them from Gen Right.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
The problem with mounting flush to the body is that the body is not aimed rearward on the backside. Since it isn't flat it aims outward. Some states will have legality issues with that.

Your RJR sponsor carries the taillights here
http://www.rjroffroad.com/steel-jk-tail-lights-offroad-c-1597.html

I believe he has some member coupon codes as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts