JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to replace my stock rear driveline. Its done me well, but it finally succumb to the rocks. I replaced it with an after market, creditable, driveline. I have only put about 100 miles on it and it seems to be off balanced. It was fine when I drove it way from the shop. Is it possible for the new driveline to become unbalanced after only 100 miles?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Just had to replace my stock rear driveline. Its done me well, but it finally succumb to the rocks. I replaced it with an after market, creditable, driveline. I have only put about 100 miles on it and it seems to be off balanced. It was fine when I drove it way from the shop. Is it possible for the new driveline to become unbalanced after only 100 miles?
If the weight has been thrown off it will get out of balance. Crawl up under there and see if it's still on.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
How's your pinion angle? I know when i went aftermarket driveshaft in mine I got rear upper control arms to help set the pinion angle

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had a similar problem with my front. I rotated the shaft 180 degrees from the yokes and it fixed my problem. Dont know why but it did. Maybe try that if the weight is still there. If the weight is gone try the hose clamp method of balancing.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sure sounds like a balancing weight has come off. If you have a local drive line shop they can check it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the weight has been thrown off it will get out of balance. Crawl up under there and see if it's still on.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I will check the balancing weight to make sure its still there.

How's your pinion angle? I know when i went aftermarket driveshaft in mine I got rear upper control arms to help set the pinion angle
I am running the TeraFlex 6" LCG Long arm. It has both upper and lower arms.

I am hopping its just a weight issue. The manufacture of the shaft is here in Utah. I will return and report tomorrow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. A tooth had broken off the R&P. Did more damage than I thought when the driveline was smashed. Be back on the road soon. :bounce:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts