JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rockhard rear bumper and tire carrier came in today. Installed it when I got home.

The 15lb plastic stocker...

The 1/4" steel plate beast...

Bumper installed...

Tire carrier installed. About 160lbs of solid steel...serious beef.

Now I just need to mount the Hi-lift and the CB antenna, and a new 3rd brake light. :smokin:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice. I love the way that bumper wraps around the sides. Are you going to get the jerry can holders too?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Nice :smokin: The RockHard4X4 rear bumper is one of my favorite rear bumpers, very well designed and built.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Nice! I am going to order the RockHard front....but hadn't decided on a rear yet. Looks like my decision is being swayed.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...Are you going to get the jerry can holders too?
No plans for any of that. Just something else to get peeled off on a tree...or vandalized for gasoline...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
No plans for any of that. Just something else to get peeled off on a tree...or vandalized for gasoline...
Sorry dude, you could be ripped off for gas if you run around on the road with a full jerry can:confused: Don't know why you'd be doing that, but without some serious intentional effort on your part there's no way a tree's doing damage to the can carrier. Those are built just as strong as the RockHard bumpers. Had mine on for a year now and they are major handy off road.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry dude, you could be ripped off for gas if you run around on the road with a full jerry can:confused: Don't know why you'd be doing that, but without some serious intentional effort on your part there's no way a tree's doing damage to the can carrier. Those are built just as strong as the RockHard bumpers. Had mine on for a year now and they are major handy off road.
I have no need for the rack. Glad you like yours.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not sure if you know but rockhard also makes a skid plate for your muffler that bolts to that bumper. I don't think it is on their website but if you call they will tell you the price.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
That's a nice 160 lb angus bull...with the additional weight, is there a drop in vehicle height?;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a nice 160 lb angus bull...with the additional weight, is there a drop in vehicle height?;)
forgot to get a before measurement, but it dropped about 3/4". Same as if you put a trailer on with about 160lbs of tongue weight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts