JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a new product if it's not available?

Or is that a new IDEA?

I'm tired of companies posting in the "New Product" forum things that are not available. Or sales. Or other misc. bullshit.

Then it takes longer than they anticipate to produce, company runs into trouble, manufacturing problems or whatever.

I wish that subforum were limited to products that were currently available.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Showing a product before it is in production has its pros and cons. I understand how it can be frustrating to see a product that never makes it to market but at the same time showing something that is in its early stages like CAD could catch something that the consumer base really wants...

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Showing a product before it is in production has its pros and cons. I understand how it can be frustrating to see a product that never makes it to market but at the same time showing something that is in its early stages like CAD could catch something that the consumer base really wants...
True. I suppose I'm nitpicking. I'd rather see that stuff in General Discussion.

I guess I don't want to have to figure out the pipe dreams, bad ideas, and sale ads from the actual, available new products.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
This reminds me of Ace Tube Door. That shit got crazy and they still aren't in production (probably never will).

I'm with you on the thought. It's like a stripper that forgets to take her clothes off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
From what I can tell its best to keep a new product very quiet until its already being produced.

Sema is coming up soon lots of products you can not buy yet or sometimes never!

Jason

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I can tell its best to keep a new product very quiet until its already being produced.

Sema is coming up soon lots of products you can not buy yet or sometimes never!

Jason
I would keep my mouth shut. Folks either tear it to pieces or want it and can't get it.

I don't see the advantage of announcing somehtijng you're working on but can't sell.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i dunno, it seems like easy market research. i think the only problem with it on a public forum is the vender needs to realize most people who contribute to their thread wont become a customer.

cuz were all super cheap

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dunno, it seems like easy market research. i think the only problem with it on a public forum is the vender needs to realize most people who contribute to their thread wont become a customer.

cuz were all super cheap
And that's fine. But I'd like to see it in general discussion. They may get more views there as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
How about a Coming Soon...sub forum? I can understand the free market research and yes Jeep owners are cheap, but feedback from "potential" consumers is probably valuable to some manufacturers that really are trying to be involved in the off road community.

On the flip side I am a little tired of reading a forum about some great new product only to find out 4 pages later that it is not available...then I feel like I have wasted my time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts