JKOwners Forum banner

So What colors should I go...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really need to decide on what my second color is going to be on my jeep...

Black and Red - this is what I was thinking about doing from day one... tried and true but tired also...

Black and Neon Green - Kinda a bit over the top... Gravedigger 80's style... but thats kinda fun in its own way...

Black and Electric Blue - I generally think black and blue look horrible together... but Electric blue like obnoxious neon blue think would look pretty sick I haven't though this direction or seen it done which is making me want to do it more and more...

Black and Bright Orange - I initially think, Halloween and kinda get blah... but I haven't seen it anywhere locally, and only rarely elsewhere and its always like the mango orange with black accents or grey and this would be kinda the reverse but brighter...

Black and Yellow is kinda mehh.. There is not enough that would be yellow I think and I don't know if I can get down with the yellow... I kinda want to... but at the same time Its not really me.

Black and ???? open for suggestions...

I honestly don't think half/any of you give a shit about the colors but I figured it would start some convo hahahaha even if that convo is making fun of me for caring so much about the colors of my Jeep....

**** so you know... I will be painting My interior Flat black and highlight things in the selected color... Interior LED lighting will also be in this color for foot wells, also I will be painting shocks and control arms the same color, Grill the same color and prob paint the roll bar the same color and sport cage and so on as I add stuff... ****

·
Registered
530 Posts
I really need to decide on what my second color is going to be on my jeep...

Black and Red - this is what I was thinking about doing from day one... tried and true but tired also...

Black and Neon Green - Kinda a bit over the top... Gravedigger 80's style... but thats kinda fun in its own way...

Black and Electric Blue - I generally think black and blue look horrible together... but Electric blue like obnoxious neon blue think would look pretty sick I haven't though this direction or seen it done which is making me want to do it more and more...

Black and Bright Orange - I initially think, Halloween and kinda get blah... but I haven't seen it anywhere locally, and only rarely elsewhere and its always like the mango orange with black accents or grey and this would be kinda the reverse but brighter...

Black and Yellow is kinda mehh.. There is not enough that would be yellow I think and I don't know if I can get down with the yellow... I kinda want to... but at the same time Its not really me.

Black and ???? open for suggestions...

I honestly don't think half/any of you give a shit about the colors but I figured it would start some convo hahahaha even if that convo is making fun of me for caring so much about the colors of my Jeep....

Take a look at Hit's jeep I saw some pics of it last night where he had nutserts and other accent pieces painted blue.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black and doo doo brown.
:shitstorm: hahahahaha thanks for the idea... but doo doo brown will already be covering most of it anyway from wheeling :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at Hit's jeep I saw some pics of it last night where he had nutserts and other accent pieces painted blue.
Hit Money ? or just "Hit's" very interested in looking at this.

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I think black is kind of a hard color to do an accent with because usually you want your accent color to be the more muted one (ie dark silver or black fenders on say a red jeep). That being said, I'm going with like a charcoal grey metallic color on my black 2dr. Also gonna do some red accents here and there (not too much but just enough to make some things stand out a bit like my front diff cover, probably the inserts on my rock rails, when I get the Poison Spyder ones) things like that. The charcoal grey is what I'm painting my bumpers, the tubes on my Poison Spyder fenders etc and seems to be just enough of a contrast to the black. GL with your decision.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
^^^ Yes. I also like black and silver. Not bright silver, but a dark silver, like AEV's Argent wheels. There's a Jeep out there like that. I'll try to find it. I think it has the Argent AEV wheels, a Shrockworks stubby painted in the Argent color and some rock rails also painted Argent. Coils are also silver I think.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My personal preference would be flat black with gloss black accents or vice versa. Black with charcoal grey accents would probably look good also.

If you want something that stands out a little more there is always black and hot pink or black and purple.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Black and dark silver... SUBTLE is best!
Black base is hard , but Ive seen Black with all accents Gun metal Grey or Deep silver "kinda more grey than silver" and it looked sweet !! Rear corner gaurds , rocker knockers , metal flat fenders , and bumbers all painted Deep Silver or Gun metal Grey , what ever that color was !! It looked good !! So I say that or Black with maybe satin Black !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.