JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Detonator Yellow 08 JK X Unlimited a couple of weeks ago, so here goes. I am already amazed at how well it drives- compared to all my other stuff. Already added a MyGig head unit, some Pro Comp wheels with 265/70/17 tires, cruise control, and I am looking into a leveling kit/lift kit. My JK came with a hard top, but I scored a new soft top on CL for $300.00! Oh- it has an auto trans, 3.73 gears and a rear trac-loc. Pretty basic. This Jeep will basically be a daily driver for me.

I have been into Jeeps for ever...I own a 70 Jeepster Commando, 231 V6, Th350, D300, D44 trac-loc rear and a disc brake D30 widetrack front. Plus lots of custom touches. Also a 90 Grand Waggy, mild lift, we call it the luxury liner. My current project in the shop is an 82 Scrambler- narrowed FSJ widetrack D44 front, FSJ AMC HD20 rear, both with Electrac lockers and 4.56 gears; RE 4.5 Extreme suspension, 36" swampers, TBI HP 350, NV3550, Rubicon OR241J transfer case, custom bumpers, custom interior, dash, cage, ect... Hope to have it running by winter. There's also a 53 Ford rat rod with a 350 chevy and lots of attitude.

My plans for the JK include building custom front and rear bumpers, rockers, and maybe tube fenders/flares. I weld and fabricate, I have a hydro tube bender and alot of good ideas.

I look forward to hanging out here!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Welcome. Look forward to seeing what you do with the JK:smokin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes! I'll post a pic up this weekend-

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome from Springfield, Or. Glad to see another Oregon JK on board!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics as promised...

Here's some pics from this weekend... now I need to get the lift and build bumpers and rocker protection!

With my Beautiful Wife...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Very nice ride indeed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cool rig, Thanks for sharing.

We are headed for Fort Rock/Christmas Valley area the weekend of Sept. 5, 6,and 7th. for some camping. PM me if your interrested in meeting up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

We are headed for Fort Rock/Christmas Valley area the weekend of Sept. 5, 6,and 7th. for some camping. PM me if your interrested in meeting up.
Sounds great, but I won't have a running Jeep that weekend. My wife and daughter are going to Portland shopping in the JK, so my son in law and I are going to try and make some progress on my Scrambler. Thanks for the invite- maybe next time!

·
Registered
290 Posts

We've been up to Christmas Valley to ride our sandrail in the dunes, is there something up there to do with the JK?

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, there is a Rock crawling area north West of the dunes and alot of exploration type stuff. In fact we are going to head over there over labor day weekend as well as the 5,6,and 7th.of Sept. We camp up in the nation forest north of Fort Rock then turn right and go about 8 miles East. We found a great little spot to camp where there is no body around. Well we have never seen anyone around that area anyway. That puts up about 8 miles or so from the Rock crawling park. You can also see different rock formations caused by volcano activity. Lava tube caves, crack in the ground, also there is a trip up to the top of Green mountain and the look out. Or up to the Glass butte observeatory. You can also drive up to and into Newberry Crater to East lake and Paulina lake that are inside the crater. Then you can go to the obsidian flow and see hundreds of acres of obsidian. There are all kinds of old roads out there. There isn't any real hardcore stuff except the rock crawl area. The rest of it is easy going. Then there is still the Dunes to play on and you don't even have to air down for those. It isn't as soft as the Dunes at the coast.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No problem, we go over there alot, we hope to move over there in the next few years.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome enjoy your new ride:smokin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts