JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got an email from ORH about their "JK 4 Door Combo Top". No description other than "2 tops in one". No price either. Those guys need some Marketing 101. I assume it's their fastback style top with the duster and new rear window added to the kit. Anyways, some pictures...

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I just got the same thing and emailed them back to find out if the parts would be available separately as an upgrade for current owners and to try to get pricing

on a side note, did you see their TJ "scorpion' top?
I kinda like it

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks great! but if the back seat does not work it is no good.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Heres what I got back...

This top is $975 for now and retails $1175.00. If you already have my full top than the attachment is only $300 to make it into the combo top.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Looks to me like they're copying the Bestop business model...another useless waste of money...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
He's pretty quick about emailing back. I'm talking with him right now about just getting the top. Widows are for sissies.:thefinger: Man do I turn sissy quick about the end of October when I put the hard top back on.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never did understand the advantage of having a duster and rear window like that. I guess it "looks cool" when running around town, but you'd have to switch back to the regular top if you needed to haul camping gear, people, or whatever.

A

·
0 Posts
I don't see the point if you have to fold the rear seats down, negates having an unlimited in the first place.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yeah, the rest of that stuff isn't for me, but I like how you can roll the top to the front or rear then roll it back for cover in about a minute. The other manufacturers make their bikini tops almost semi-permanent.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Okay, I did like it. Just heard from Ed and he wants $675 for just the top, windshield bar and door surrounds (you have to use his.) Guess I'll just keep puttin' the soft top up and down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Okay, I did like it. Just heard from Ed and he wants $675 for just the top, windshield bar and door surrounds (you have to use his.) Guess I'll just keep puttin' the soft top up and down.
Paid $775 for mine. Best top has a similar one now so I guess he lowered his price. They'll probably both go up sometime.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Paid $775 for mine. Best top has a similar one now so I guess he lowered his price. They'll probably both go up sometime.
That included the rear windows and all that, right? I could see that. All I wanted was the very top.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts