JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replaced the stock muffler with the Cool Tech Muffler relocation kit.....

Doesn't quite sound as good as my V8 but definitely an improvement. Doesn't sound like a mini van anymore. Waiting on the AEM intake to compliment it on the front end.
Also got the Fox Shocks. Might have to wait to install these after the bumpers are on. I have a feeling that I might have to install some spacers once the heavy bumpers are on to get back to the height that I have now :)

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Is your JK a 2 or 4 door? Kendall at Cool Tech didn't think the exhaust would fit a 2 door.
According to his user profile it's a Jeepney.:laughing: Since he didn't have to relocate the evap canister, I'd say it's a 4-door. Am I right Richie?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your JK a 2 or 4 door? Kendall at Cool Tech didn't think the exhaust would fit a 2 door.
It's a 4 door. Don't see why it wouldn't fit a 2 door since you only have to cut a small piece of the pipe (about 17 inches) under the driver side and replace it with the muffler. The only issue you might have is on the exit pipe :shaking: but then again I'm no engineer and do NOT know for sure...you figure those guys have such a good product that they would RnD if it fits the 2 door. Hey offer to try it on yours and see if they will send you the kit for free:idea:

Looks like skyjacker. What lift is that?

You will probably need spacers. I know I did. Depends on the bumper though. I put warn on my front - heaviest one Ive seen.
Yup...4 inch Skyjacker kit and definitely gonna need spacers. Here's what the bumper looks like and the shocks installed:

According to his user profile it's a Jeepney.:laughing: Since he didn't have to relocate the evap canister, I'd say it's a 4-door. Am I right Richie?
Yup! You are correct:bounce2: And yes...it's a Jeepney :cruiser2:since I've got as much stuff on it as a Jeepney would (just different type of "stuff"):laughing2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I get the feeling from Kendall that if a two door model owner contacted him about the exhaust, and could come by his shop, he would make it worth their while..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts