JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished up my install of the Mopar 77Kick10 speakers in my 2-door JK X. And they sound amazing!!!! Night and day over the stock X speakers which were horrible. They come with the factory connector on them and factory mounting tabs and the bolt right in an use all of the factory grills and mounts. Just screwed right in. It's like I have an amp now. I just can not believe it!! Best part is they are only $70 bucks for the pair. I did the front dash and rear sound bar. All 6.5's. Below are some pics comparing the originals to the Mopar Kickers speakers.

Will be installing the Mopar kicker amp next weekend. Stay tuned for an update, thanks

Pics resized

Attachments

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Smaller pictures:shaking:.....China VS Mexico....no wonder the stocks sound like shiat.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
what? i cant hear you, your pictures are too big. :thefinger:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pic's resized, Thanks

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
much better picture size.

hows the sound? cant beat $70!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They really sound great!!! I had infinity kappas in my YJ before I bought this JK and I would say they actually sound better then my kappas did. A lot of punch with the bass. I actually have to keep the bass turned down now. The radio is also alot louder. Very pleased!!! You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
where exactly did you get these for 70$???

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Has anyone with the infinity system added these?
Im interested but am afraid the infinity's are just as good and 140 down the drain....

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
im assuming you have the factory infinity system?

·
Registered
425 Posts
is it because they are Kicker brand vs. another brand that makes them better than stock ? I've read that regardless of the speaker installed that the factory stereo won't increase the output, and thus others have found very little improvement in sound level/quality until they swapped out for an aftermarket head unit.....just wondering because i like my stock head unit but think the factory soundbar speakers SUCK! I wouldnt want to spend 70 bucks or so on new speakers and get very little improvent.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I got them from my local Jeep dealer here in AZ for $70 a pair. Airpark Jeep. But just for jeeps also sells them for $67 a pair. Here's a link.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/kire62sp.html

I do not have the infinity system. My Jeep is a base X with the basic single disc radio and stock sound system. I did not upgrade my head unit. It still has my stock radio and it really sounds great with these new speakers.

Trust me guys if you have the basic sound system in our Jeep this is a huge upgrade for little money. Be sure to do all four speakers. I promise you will not be disappointed ;)

Kicker worked directly with Mopar to offer these as an upgrade with the stock radio. I think that is why they just sound so good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm glad you posted this! I've been thinking about doing this but I also heard that just replacing the speakers wouldn't change much. And I don't really want to spend enough to buy a sound processor for the factory radio and an amp.

I plan on just buying the front speakers because I don't use the soundbar.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm glad you posted this! I've been thinking about doing this but I also heard that just replacing the speakers wouldn't change much. And I don't really want to spend enough to buy a sound processor for the factory radio and an amp.

I plan on just buying the front speakers because I don't use the soundbar.
The front seem to do most of the work, but you will like it better with all four. Now I can actually hear my sound bar speakers. It will sound more balanced with all four.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
so they are the same for front and rear? what do you do with the stock tweeters?

edit... nevermind, i see the front options.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I did the same thing a couple months back as I too had the stock X crap speakers that would rattle and tic and sounded all distorted. So much clearer and bump a lot better too and thats with no amp and no new head unit. I didnt want to spend a ton of money on something that had a potential to attract thieves. This was well worth the money, the dash speakers were a PITA to install but the soundbar was easy as pie.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so they are the same for front and rear? what do you do with the stock tweeters?

edit... nevermind, i see the front options.
The speakers are the same front and rear. The stock tweeters stay hooked up and work in conjunction with the new kicker speakers. Sounds sweet.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
The speakers are the same front and rear. The stock tweeters stay hooked up and work in conjunction with the new kicker speakers. Sounds sweet.
nevermind again... i see those front options were for libertys only.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Put in the Mopar Kicker amp today, not really much change, just a little louder. I would say at this point it's not worth the pricetag. Just do the speaker upgrade. Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
found them for $60/pr here:

http://www.allusasupercenter.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=77KICK10

turns out there's the pair in the soundbar, the pair in the front AND the pair in the rear doors (of the 4dr JK).... I wonder how much these'd rock with all six upgraded?

I'd accept sponsors, to offer that feedback... ANY auto-philanthropists out there? Now accepting donations (cue the wooEE-wooEE from the thread-jacking police... wooEE-wooEE) :shaking:

·
Registered
242 Posts
found them for $60/pr here:

http://www.allusasupercenter.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=77KICK10

turns out there's the pair in the soundbar, the pair in the front AND the pair in the rear doors (of the 4dr JK).... I wonder how much these'd rock with all six upgraded?

I'd accept sponsors, to offer that feedback... ANY auto-philanthropists out there? Now accepting donations (cue the wooEE-wooEE from the thread-jacking police... wooEE-wooEE) :shaking:
I'm confused...the JK doesn't have door speakers. There are 2 speakers in the lower dash, and 2 in the sound bar. If you have the Infinity system, then you have 2 tweeters on the dash and a sub as well.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts