JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its from a 2014 Polar edition wrangler. Looks excellent! Really finishes off the rear of the Jeep

·
Registered
163 Posts
Huh???

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Looks fine dude. Different strokes for different folks. I'm just glad you don't have 20" Rock Stars and a bunch of LED light bars. :suicide:

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
huh what?
Folks around here are unaccustomed to non-functional modifications to "prettify" one's Jeep.

I think that might be the first RV spare tire cover to appear on JKO (but I could easily be wrong).

If it makes you happy, then good. Just don't expect folks here to be jazzed about the tire cover.

Most of us wheel, and we're more geeked for functional mods geared around off-roading.

That ^^^ is the nicest possible way I know how to put it. Nine other ways are available. :D

PS - Welcome to JKO :thefinger:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Welcome to JKO. Nobody dislikes you. You just need to have thick skin because the 1st or 2nd favorite past time among many here is good ole' fashion ball bustin'. As far as the tire cover goes if you like it it's your Jeep and your canvas. But I have to say the cover does not remind me so much of an RV nearly as much as it achieves the look of a Toyota RAV4. What's the next mod gonna be?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Actually, when I first opened this thread those pictures did not appear, so I had no fucking clue what you were trying to say. Around here, "hydro" usually means hydro assist steering (a highly, highly functional mod). I couldn't figure out what a hydro cover was. Plus, based solely on the text, it sounded to me like you were trying to sell something, but were wording it poorly, and didn't put a price.

So, I guess instead of "huh?", I should have typed "what the fuck are you trying to say?!" Sorry, I was trying to be polite. I'll be more direct next time.

And honestly, after seeing the pics, my reaction is still "huh?", because I don't understand or support spending money on something that is so non-functional. I see that as money that could be spent on suspension or performance mods. But hey, it's your money and your Jeep. If you like it and it makes you happy, that's great. Feel free to tell me to go fuck myself.

Welcome to jko.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aaaand, based on the times of my post and your edit, I believe you posted the text....i responded...and you went back and added the pics.

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
Well it could be functional if he lives in the desert, it would keep the desert sun from drying out and breaking down the rubber.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well it could be functional if he lives in the desert, it would keep the desert sun from drying out and breaking down the rubber.
Sorry, I'll clarify further. I would define "functional mod" as something that makes your jeep wheel better, perform better, or safer.

here in Atlantic Canada, we undercoat our vehicles to help prevent corrosion. Ie. Spending money to prevent rot. I would consider that more preventative maintenance than a functional mod.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
well like I already said its a FACTORY spare tire cover not some aftermarket cover that came off an RV. Came on the 2014 Polar edition JK
Well, if you're going to get snippy and litigious about it: No, you did NOT already say it's a FACTORY spare tire cover.
You said it's a Mopar cover, but there's a ton of Mopar shit that's not FACTORY.
And, to me, it looks like a spare tire cover from an old RV, a Rav4, or a '70s custom van rapemobile.

Wow a person get disliked for making their Jeep better looking then no cover. amazing.
From where the hell are you perceiving personal dislike? :dunno: Oh, the drama! :drama:
People may dislike the Frisbee on your tire, or a stock-ish Jeep that appears destined to stay on-road, but nobody's thrown any dislike at you.
Opinions vary, and you shouldn't give a shit about the opinions of others (mine included), but IMHO that does not look better than no cover.

Welcome to JKO. Nobody dislikes you. You just need to have thick skin because the 1st or 2nd favorite past time among many here is good ole' fashion ball bustin'. As far as the tire cover goes if you like it it's your Jeep and your canvas. But I have to say the cover does not remind me so much of an RV nearly as much as it achieves the look of a Toyota RAV4.
^^^ Pretty much what he said. Lighten the fuck up and have a good time. :bounce:

Once again: Welcome to JKO :thefinger:

EDIT: and on JKO, THIS ↓ ↓ ↓ is HYDRO :rockon:​

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
Sorry, I'll clarify further. I would define "functional mod" as something that makes your jeep wheel better, perform better, or safer.

here in Atlantic Canada, we undercoat our vehicles to help prevent corrosion. Ie. Spending money to prevent rot. I would consider that more preventative maintenance than a functional mod.
I would tend to agree with you statement

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
You guys are mean !

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Whatever. I've spent money on uglier and dumber stuff, so I'll not bash the guy's taste.

I'm just confused about the "hydro" in the OP..... Can someone fill me in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im guessing you did not read everything(reading comprehension issues?) and did not see the link of the FACTORY Jeep with this cover huh?>

Wel its a FACTORY part on a Jeep ..

So eat a dick

Well, if you're going to get snippy and litigious about it: No, you did NOT already say it's a FACTORY spare tire cover.
You said it's a Mopar cover, but there's a ton of Mopar shit that's not FACTORY.
And, to me, it looks like a spare tire cover from an old RV, a Rav4, or a '70s custom van rapemobile.

From where the hell are you perceiving personal dislike? :dunno: Oh, the drama! :drama:
People may dislike the Frisbee on your tire, or a stock-ish Jeep that appears destined to stay on-road, but nobody's thrown any dislike at you.
Opinions vary, and you shouldn't give a shit about the opinions of others (mine included), but IMHO that does not look better than no cover.

^^^ Pretty much what he said. Lighten the fuck up and have a good time. :bounce:

Once again: Welcome to JKO :thefinger:

EDIT: and on JKO, THIS ↓ ↓ ↓ is HYDRO :rockon:​

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it is because it's all blue like water

Another know nothing as far as JK's. Hyrdro is the official name of the Blue the JK's are painted

You really should learn something about this new Jeep things

1 - 20 of 46 Posts