JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all, new member here! I just purchased a 2017 Wrangler unlimited for my daughter. I want to upgrade the stereo in it for her and I have a few questions.
1.Will the touch screen Jeep stereo fit in the place of the stock CD player stereo?
2. Is the rear wired already for the sub that fits in the back of the models that have the alpine system?
3. Do you recommend any particular back up camera to add?
Thank you all in advance for your help! I am more excited than she is for my Jeep....

·
Banned
702 Posts
Welcome to the show. And my suggestion is to search this site as there are multiple threads with answers to your questions. Then when your research is completed and you have more questions that can't be answered by your research, come back to this thread you created here to post them up.

Good luck... ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I searched the forum and really couldn’t find an answer. The picture below is the radio in the Jeep I just bought for my daughter, I want to replace it with the 430N flatscreen Jeep radio. Does anyone know if it’ll fit or would I need to get a new molding with the proper cut out? I am considering just changing to an aftermarket flat screen but was trying to keep it factory looking. Thanks for the help.

81C12344-1244-451E-A0AE-E3A491E18DFB.jpeg

·
Banned
702 Posts
Your fist question is answered with the following search:

Yes, you will have to go through several articles. But you will find your answer.

Second, if you don't have the Alpine sound system, it's not going to be wired for it from what I remember. This too can be search for if you don't give up easily with your search terms.

Third will most likely be answered with the following search:

And forth, with the above searches, you will get opinions of the model radio you are looking to install as well.

I really felt like ignoring your last response due to the handout expectation. You simply stated you searched, but no details on what you search for and you added more information on what you're exactly looking to do So to reinforce what I stated originally, you need to learn how to search. I'll also add the more details you give, which includes what you searched for along with the details of your question, the better your responses will get.

Good luck... ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your fist question is answered with the following search:

Yes, you will have to go through several articles. But you will find your answer.

Second, if you don't have the Alpine sound system, it's not going to be wired for it from what I remember. This too can be search for if you don't give up easily with your search terms.

Third will most likely be answered with the following search:

And forth, with the above searches, you will get opinions of the model radio you are looking to install as well.

I really felt like ignoring your last response due to the handout expectation. You simply stated you searched, but no details on what you search for and you added more information on what you're exactly looking to do So to reinforce what I stated originally, you need to learn how to search. I'll also add the more details you give, which includes what you searched for along with the details of your question, the better your responses will get.

Good luck... ;)
Got it! Thank you for the clarification, I am definitely not new to forum etiquette just new to the Jeep forum. I appreciate your guidance and definitely wasn’t looking for a “handout.” To clarify what I was expecting was someone who may have swapped these stereos to give their experience as well as learn about members. I will learn how to search, and if ever I can be of any help to you please ask, I have an extensive background in boats and will do my best to return the favor! 👍🏼

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Just finished helping her wash it, dealer has a hardtop coming in this week hopefully. Can’t wait to start doing some upgrades!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
View attachment 364096

Just finished helping her wash it, dealer has a hardtop coming in this week hopefully. Can’t wait to start doing some upgrades!
Lookin' good. Hard to tell on my screen but is that a dark blue? Don't remember seeing that color. Jeeps are addictive so watch out haha. And don't mind Scarlet - he's apparently the resident mall cop He'd be happier if the sap suckers who own the forum would let him carry a gun...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Yes the color is Rhino, a grayish blue. I like it more than her I think... I’ll keep y’all updated with the progress we make on it, I have big plans for her Jeep.....

·
Banned
702 Posts
Lookin' good. Hard to tell on my screen but is that a dark blue? Don't remember seeing that color. Jeeps are addictive so watch out haha. And don't mind Scarlet - he's apparently the resident mall cop He'd be happier if the sap suckers who own the forum would let him carry a gun...

No not a mall cop, and that's really a incorrect reference. And there are armed mall cops, but that's not really relevant either. However, I do have to say it got a laugh from me.

It's really more of getting people to post new questions that haven't be asked before, to provide more relevant information, and basic details of what they searched for if they can't find something. This helps everyone to help each other.

How many times do you respond to the same questions on new posts of what lift should I buy, what size tires can I fit, what gear ratio should I install, will this fit, etc...? For the people that keep responding to these types of posts where the questions have already been answered in another post, you're not teaching this person anything besides just giving out the same information that has been given before. This has the unintended consequence of making it more difficult to search for relevant information as you will come back with hundreds of hits instead of just a few detailed hits. As much as people don't like me for my methods on this, there is nothing wrong with highlighting that people should do some leg work and clarify what they want before they consider responding to their own post.

So I'll leave with this quote "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Reactions: rockystock

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
No not a mall cop, and that's really a incorrect reference. And there are armed mall cops, but that's not really relevant either. However, I do have to say it got a laugh from me.

It's really more of getting people to post new questions that haven't be asked before, to provide more relevant information, and basic details of what they searched for if they can't find something. This helps everyone to help each other.

How many times do you respond to the same questions on new posts of what lift should I buy, what size tires can I fit, what gear ratio should I install, will this fit, etc...? For the people that keep responding to these types of posts where the questions have already been answered in another post, you're not teaching this person anything besides just giving out the same information that has been given before. This has the unintended consequence of making it more difficult to search for relevant information as you will come back with hundreds of hits instead of just a few detailed hits. As much as people don't like me for my methods on this, there is nothing wrong with highlighting that people should do some leg work and clarify what they want before they consider responding to their own post.

So I'll leave with this quote "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
Don't go gettin' yer knckers in a twist, it's all good.

·
Banned
702 Posts
Don't go gettin' yer knckers in a twist, it's all good.

Nah, nothing twisted here. Just making sure my position was clear. 🍺

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, is there a result?
I found a few on eBay just shopping around a bit. Once one in the best shape comes up I’ll buy it. I want to do the back up camera all at the same time so I don’t have to remove everything twice. Gonna uprgrade speakers next, not going with an amp yet....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts