JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is Andie Jo. I'm a new Jeep owner here in Southwest Louisiana. I had an incredibly good deal fall into my lap. I had been looking for Jeeps and I had a friend's grandparent looking to sell a 2014 Silver Unlimited Sport with only 46k miles, brand new tires, one owner, and one little fender bender. They only asked for $15k so I immediately jumped at the opportunity. I love it! I've already installed a new windshield, 20% tint all around, 5% on windshield, new apple play radio, new OEM all weather floor mats, and new license plate frame with back up camera. I know this wasn't all necessary, but I wanted to fix it up without the typical lift kit since the tires are brand new. I wanted more opinions on what to add, brands, etc.

I'm adding a couple simple decals, a spare cover, a shorter antenna, and probably a gas cover. But I've been looking for a front bumper, preferably one least prone to rusting. One that was most recommended was an EAG with winch plate and LED bar. I think it's listed for around $550. I considered fender flares as well.. I'm really looking for other suggestions before I make up my mind...

Also, I considered upgrading my exhaust system but I really don't want something way too loud. Honestly, it's not a priority at the moment but I'm looking for one thats reasonably priced and closest to sounding like a v8... any suggestions?

However, with my luck, a week after buying, the code P0741 came up... I've researched nonstop and that led me to this website. I've been recommended to start with changing the filter and fluid, but went ahead and decided to buy the converter as well. I watched a video recently saying that changing the solenoid will fix everything. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for y'all's time, any advice is very much appreciated. :)
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Nice buy. Look at genright aluminum bumpers and fenders, cost more but top quality and saves a lot of weight. No rust. Flat fenders over lifting the jeep will keep your drivelines and steering in check and allow you to install bigger tires later without lifting. I would not waste the money on an exhaust unless you need to relocate it for clearacne reasons. Same thing with cold air intake, don't waste the money. Factory headlights are dim and would be worth looking at an upgrade there.
Good luck with the jeep.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts