JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a write up for the new KC HiLiTES JK H4 Headlight Kit.

Tools needed

Flat Head Screwdriver
T10 Hex
Favorite beverage

Yep it's that simple!

New Headlights

Lets get this started!

STEP 1. First open your hood

STEP 2. You will see 6 black tabs running across top of grille. You will need to pull both parts of the tabs before removing.

Once the 6 tabs are pulled you will then move on to back side of grille.

STEP 3. There is 2 bulbs that will need to be removed before pulling off grille. On each side of grille at 3oclock and 9oclock. Just twist and pull to remove.

STEP 4. Now that you have bulbs and the 6 tabs removed we can now pull off grille gently. Start by pulling above headlights (gently) and move towards bottom corners of grille.

STEP 5. Around headlight housing you will see the hex bolts. This is where you will use the T20 hex to remove.

"THE SILVER HEX BOLT IS FOR ADJUSTING HEADLIGHT UP AND DOWN"

STEP 6. Once you have removed the hex bolts you can now start fully removing the headlight housing.

STEP 7. On back of headlight housing you will need to pull red tab up then push in the thumb press to remove bulb

STEP 8. After bulb is removed, you will need to take off the trim ring (some will need to pull from these tabs to remove)

OK LETS GRAB NEW HEADLIGHTS!!

STEP 9. Take the trim ring and put over new headlight housings

Now that the headlights are ready to be re-installed, let's go do the H13 TO H4 wiring housing

This is what your stock wiring should look like

STEP 10. Now take the new wiring that came with headlights and plug into old wiring housing

STEP 11. Plug new wiring into new headlight housing

STEP 12. Line up trim ring to hex bolt mounts

Now that your headlights are remounted its time to put back on grille.

STEP 13. Line up grille on top to the holes where you pulled out 6 tabs on STEP 2

STEP 14. Line up bottom tabs to the rectangle holes and spring clips mentioned above

STEP 15. Once grille is lined up start pressing in gently for everything to snap in place

STEP 16. Install the 6 clips that you removed on STEP 2 (put bottom part of clip on first then line up male clip and press in

STEP 17. Reinstall the blinker bulbs you removed on STEP 3

STEP 18. YOU ARE DONE!

THE KC LOGO GLOWS IN DARK!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Overview

New - KC JK H4 Headlight Kit is a DOT approved "street legal" replacement that fits 2007 - 2013 JK Jeep Wrangler. Our headlights features a clear, virtually unbreakable Hard Coated Lexan Lens and new computer designed Multi-Surface Reflector Optics to create a superior beam pattern and looks. This direct plug-in headlight kit comes complete with a 55/60w H4 Halogen bulbs and H13 to H4 Bulb Connectors

This is my reviews so far....

I received these lights about 3 weeks ago and so far I really like them. They have great light output compared to stock, cleaner lines, and because they don't have mirror at bottom of housing it reflects more to ground than in the air. (Actually looks like fogs are on even when they aren't)

My only negative comment so far is that the light color is still stock looking instead of a bright white h.i.d style. I did talk to KC HiLiTES and they commented that some like the stock color some don't which is very understandable.

HERE ARE THE COMPARISONS!

KC HiLiTES against IPF's (mine were'nt fully adjusted yet) (KC on left)

Against IPF brights

KC HiLiTES against stock (KC on left)

Brights

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
can you change out the H4 bulb in these KCs if you wanted to run a whiter colored or higher wattage bulb? I'd imagine you could , correct?
I know ...google .....
heh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts