JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, great forum! I'm picking up a new unlimited Rubi on Thursday and I've got a question about axle ratios and the tow package.

This particular Jeep is coming with the tow group - on jeep.com when you select this as an option it shows that the Jeep then comes with 3.73 gearing??!! Surely this can't be the case with the Rubicons. The salesman assured me it would be 4.10, but generally I trust salesman as far as I can throw them!

If anybody knows the answer to this question please let me know. I'm coming from a Liberty with 4.10 gearing and I'd hate to be stepping down to a Rubi with 3.73 (that just wouldn't be right :shaking:) Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. That's what I figured, but the jeep website had me second guessing. Guess it is just a glich.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thanks guys. That's what I figured, but the jeep website had me second guessing. Guess it is just a glich.
Every Rubi ever built (TJs to) has 4.10 gears. The Jeep website is really a POS when it comes down to trying to view options, etc.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Look at your window sticker. In the left column it shows "Standard Equipment" and on the right it shows "Optional/added Equipment". If there is conflicting information between the 2, what is listed on the right overrides its counterpart on the left. Kind of like talk radio.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Totally agree with your assessment of talk radio. :beer:

Does show 4.10 on the left along with next gen Dana 44s. Right side shows trailer tow group, but no mention of 3.73 gearing so I guess I'm good.

The label on my axle housing shows three sets of numbers:

P52114
544RF
TDKAR0630A3211

Does any of that mean anything to anybody?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts