JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got busy this weekend and installed my new the JK grille inserts... Having the winch in the way didn't make it easy taking the front grille off, but with a little help from my better half got it done and I think it looks pretty good!

Before...

After...

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
looks good

i had those on my jk for a few months...the bolts that you tighten to secure the inserts will rust...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are rusting... Did you replace them?

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
They are rusting... Did you replace them?
umm... I am not going to say anything about the 5 month delay in posts...:laughing:

I was getting tired of the inserts when i noticed the bolts starting to rust. This might sound *******, but i got my wife to lend me her "clear nail polish" to cover up/slowdown the rust.

If there is an ace hardware nearby you might get lucky and find the bolts in a stainless steal

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
umm... I am not going to say anything about the 5 month delay in posts...:laughing:

I was getting tired of the inserts when i noticed the bolts starting to rust. This might sound *******, but i got my wife to lend me her "clear nail polish" to cover up/slowdown the rust.

If there is an ace hardware nearby you might get lucky and find the bolts in a stainless steal
or goto CVS or Walgreens for some "clear nail polish" :laughing2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Grant, I thought I might get lucky and not get the rusty bolts but sure enough it happened. It was a real pane taking the front grille out with the winche in the way and not looking foward to replacing them right away.

Thanx for the info...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wife likes those.. they look good, but I would always be worried about the reduction in air flow..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts