JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a lot of the great posts and information on the Forms here.
We just purchased a used 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited X, Manual Transmission and I am sorting out what I have. There have been several owners and the last did not seem to know a lot about it except what he upgraded on it. We purchased mainly for a tow vehicle behind our Class C RV, but also enjoy going on trails thru wildlife management areas. It was used as a Towed. It also came with Blue Ox towbar and Even Brake setup. The actual mount to Jeep is Roadmaster, but this seems to be a lot more connections then is neccessary, but I guess it worked.
I am trying to determine what I have and fix some minor issues.

Can anyone tell me what the lift height might be they made? Or how I can find out. I believe it is lifted some, there appears to be Bilstein Shocks all around. I know he just had the front sway bar replaced. Previous owner had new wheels and tires installed. P285 70R18s

I have attached a couple photos and thanks for any help.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,425 Posts
Upgrade is always such a subjective term when it comes to the nonsense people attach to perfectly good Jeeps.
To get a feel for your lift, you can measure from the top of the front axle tube to the bottom of the frame. Stock is about 5" Anything above that would be your lift. You can also look and see if there are any spacers on top of the coils. Measure those and that is your lift.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts