JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any JK Owner in or near Boise? I just bought my 1st Jeep and I am also new to the area.

·
Mall Crawler Extraordinaire
97 Posts
Welcome! There are dozens of us! Dozens I tell you! Jokes aside...I'm in the Boise area. My buddy has a 2 door Rubicon and I have soccer mom variant Rubicon (4 door). Congrats on the new (to you?) Jeep. Tons of info on this site for just about any question you might have. Make sure you use the search before posting questions because you will get blasted by long time members tired of answering the same questions constantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah I have been on other forums like that also. Do the guys in this area get together much and go rides? Not looking to go crazy but like to do some trail rides.

·
97 Posts
Thanks! Yeah I have been on other forums like that also. Do the guys in this area get together much and go rides? Not looking to go crazy but like to do some trail rides.
There are Jeep groups and 4x4 clubs around that do trail runs. I haven't joined any of them just due to time constraints on going to meetings and such. Kinda seems like it is more of a trail ride with friends type area though. Most of the JKs I see around here are mall crawlers that are completely stock and/or will never see dirt...that being said there are still quite a few that go out and actually use them. My rig is def far from extreme (very minimal lift, smaller tires, etc.) but it is capable enough for most roads/trails around here....with this exception....

20161015_165041.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
is there any JK Owner in or near Boise? I just bought my 1st Jeep and I am also new to the area.
Welcome! I am also Boise based and have several friends that we trail ride anything from a kick back scenic tour of the mountains to a hard core rock crawling. Send me a message sometime and I can give you my phone number.

Attachments

·
97 Posts
Welcome! I am also Boise based and have several friends that we trail ride anything from a kick back scenic tour of the mountains to a hard core rock crawling. Send me a message sometime and I can give you my phone number.
Holy thread resurrection batman...I had completely forgotten about this thread.. Rubi-8...does that phone number offer extend to anyone in the Boise area? I know a grand total of one person with a Jeep and he isn't allowed out anymore. I wouldn't mind meeting some more people with excellent taste in vehicles (especially if it meant getting to drool over yours in person).

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hey man! It has been a while. Ironically I moved 2 months ago to Reno, NV. Even more ironically my Jeep is on it's way to Boise for some engine work before an event at the end of the month.

Check out a lot of my friends at https://www.facebook.com/groups/IOR4x4/. You will find a fine group of gentlemen (term used loosely) that love Jeeps.

Duck's Unlimited is hosting the NW Outdoor Expo. About the Expo - The Great Northwest Outdoor Expo I will be there along with some other great Jeeps running the obstacle course. Hope to see you there!

·
97 Posts
Than you for replying! I figured it was a long shot but worth a try. Hope Reno is working out well for you. Thank you for the links...i requested to join the IOR FB group. Hopefully that will help with my Jeeps loneliness! The outdoor expo looks awesome...I'm going to try and get there for Sunday. My kid has All-star baseball tournaments Fri and Sat. all day or I would try and make a weekend out of it. Hopefully I'll be able to run into you and get to ogle your rig in person. Take care and thank you again for all the info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts