JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have the xterrains from Pro Comp and jury is out. I tend not to get to good of bite on Ice or snow but they have been good on rock,sand and moderate mud. These look allot like the pro comp tires. Large lugs.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I have the xterrains from Pro Comp and jury is out. I tend not to get to good of bite on Ice or snow but they have been good on rock,sand and moderate mud. These look allot like the pro comp tires. Large lugs.
I've ran Xterrains in the past and found they were great im the dry, but not much good on wet rock or thick mud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you say Gimmick?!

I'm not into the DC Bones tire either - gimmick. This might be equivalent to birth control glasses. Chicks will just laugh at them.

I'd be more interested in this M16 if they renamed it, changed the side tread to something less corny, and broke up the long "bogger-esque" tread blocks. Yeah, it kind of looks like the old military universal tire, but with way too much cheese. With a name starting with "SS...", you'd think they'd put little ships and anchors on the sides. :shaking:

I still think they'll sell, though. I just saw a pick up with a brand new set of Thornbirds sitting in the bed. He had just bought them. So, I guess there is a market out for comic book/cheese tires our there. Go figure...

A

·
0 Posts
X2 KM's were good, and the newer KM2's are just great. I will have no hesitation in replacing my KM2's with another set of the same when the time comes.
How are they wearing Phil? I’m going to need some new shoes this winter but I’m still leaning towards MT/Rs again.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
How are they wearing Phil? I’m going to need some new shoes this winter but I’m still leaning towards MT/Rs again.
They are wearing real well, I'm at 18/32" after 10k miles, which is just 2/32" of wear. I figure I'll get a good 40-50k out of them before they need replacing. Haven't lost any lugs yet or chunked them, although the edges of the outer ones are starting to wear round from the rocks.

The sidewalls could be stronger, and are 33% stronger than the old MT KM's, but are the only part of the tire shows any damage, not much, but enough to know you don't want to abuse the sidewalls. That said, the sidewalls flex really well as a result of their construction. My old Irok radials had real tough sidewalls, but they didn't flex anywhere near as much as the KM2's do.

These tires have massive amounts of grip and are pretty quiet and very well behaved on the highway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts