JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new hunting rifle I am building up for Deer season next year but will be used for Javelina season in February.

The rifle

Remington 700 CDL in 7mm Rem Mag

The Remington Model 700 CDL (Classic Deluxe) offers renowned accuracy in a classically styled design. The traditional straight-comb American walnut stock includes a satin finish, finely cut checkering, right-handed cheek piece, black fore-end tip and grip cap, and sling swivel studs. The satin blued finish of the barreled action and the jeweled bolt body completes the tasteful design.

Model 700™ CDL™ Features
Receiver machined from solid-steel bar stock resulting in uniformity and strength.

Cylindrical receiver design provides a solid bedding area in the stock for consistent shot placement.

Recessed bolt face locks up inside the counter-bored breech of the barrel which is surrounded by the receiver, forming "three-rings-of-steel" enclosing the cartridge case head for unparalleled strength.

Integral extractor is set in a groove inside the rim of the bolt face, uniformly supporting the cartridge head.

The Scope

Leupold VX-L 4.5-14-50

VX-L® riflescopes combine the low-light performance of a large objective with a revolutionary design that hugs the barrel of your rifle, and now they offer another added advantage. Leupold® Illuminated Reticle Technology, available in select models, makes precision shot placement in low-light easier than ever. You’ll be amazed at the exceptional low-light performance and more natural cheek weld in your VX-L, the ultimate low-light riflescope.

Mine will be non illuminated crosshairs and contain the Boone and Crockett recticle

scope is on its way and cannot wait to get this thing all dialed in.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Why don't ya' move this thread to Guns and Ammo?;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don't ya' move this thread to Guns and Ammo?;)
cause I cannot move threads.......:thefinger:

actually did not even think about it till you said it.....

MODS!!!!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
if you are wanting a long-range rifle, why choose the 7mm mag?

my humble opinion to follow (and you know what they say about opinions):

i've always considered the 7mm a "useless" cartridge since there is nothing you can do with it that you can't do with a .270 or .270 WSM or .270 weatherby mag. it's not as flat shooting as those and weighs more.

and even if you needed more knock-down, (which you don't for any north american game - except in rare instances) then you are better off with a .300 (WSM or weatherby mag) anyway.

and if you are spending that much on a hunting rifle, you ought to consider going with (and learning how to use) a leupold MK-4 scope.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you are wanting a long-range rifle, why choose the 7mm mag?

my humble opinion to follow (and you know what they say about opinions):

i've always considered the 7mm a "useless" cartridge since there is nothing you can do with it that you can't do with a .270 or .270 WSM or .270 weatherby mag. it's not as flat shooting as those and weighs more.

and even if you needed more knock-down, (which you don't for any north american game - except in rare instances) then you are better off with a .300 (WSM or weatherby mag) anyway.

and if you are spending that much on a hunting rifle, you ought to consider going with (and learning how to use) a leupold MK-4 scope.
I like the 7mm round. Shoots great for smaller big game.

Faster then 30-06 and still great knock down power. Not to mention I have a 300 ultra mag, 30-06, 270- and 243. :grinpimp:

I wanted a 7mm

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i've got a pre '64 model 70 in 7mm for the collection too. i just don't use it.:smokin:

i just prefer the .270WSM and the .270 weatherby mag and if i need to, the
.300 WSM and .300 weatherby mag.:bounce: :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.