JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of trading in my 2009 JKU for a 2012 or newer JKU. I am going used and have a limit of $28,000. I've searched and found a few but my question here is

Would you consider a 2014 JKU w/ 70,000 miles from Texas or a 2012 with 36,000 miles from I don't know where? Right now I'm in northern NY so winter and rust is and issue if not cared for before traded in.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
What is the price of each of those Jeeps? Are they at your limit?

If so, I would look around a bit. Both are out of warranty, so you are running the risk of buying someone elses problems for $28,000. Otherwise I would say condition and how well it was maintained would be most important. If both are in similar condition and have been well maintained I'd probably go for the one with less mileage. Again, assuming the same condition. This is all based on my own personal gut since I can't see the Jeeps, so take it for what it is.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Are you interested in a 2010 2 door with 37k on the clock?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. has to be a 4 door. and want the 3.6 not the 3.8 engine.

·
Registered
646 Posts
To me, mileage is not the most thing to consider. I would check the service/repair records and how it was maintained.
Ditto... I will NOT by a low mileage Harley. They spend too much time sitting, but if you have a high mileage one owner Harley with maintenance record I will be on it.

But lets look at my Jeep. 2012 with 24k miles. I have all the maintenance records since I picked it up at 17k. About 6k of those are miles in 4low.

A friend of mine bought a 2004 ZO6 Corvette from the 3rd owner with 24k miles and very good maintenance records from the 2nd and 3rd owner. BUT it turned out that the 1st owner was a Racing School.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just bought a high milage JKU and thankfully got lucky, it was a one owner commuter. The thing looks brand new and was bought, services and sold to me by the same dealer.

I would go for a 2014, or 2013, and stay away from the 2012's. I know all say the head issues should have been fixed on these by now, but you can shop around ( I'm in NC), and find some 2014 Saharas for right at $29,000 with about 40k miles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I ended up getting a 2014 rubicon X with 24,000 miles. And CPO at no extra charge because they thought it wasn't CPO during negotiation. Turns out when after deal was signed and time for paperwork it was already CPO. 2 years extra warranty to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts