JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's nice to see a thread just for NJ, but being from here that really doesn't surprise me. But anyway, just wanted to say hello and hopefully you guys have some meet ups and runs during the week say like Monday and Tuesday when I'm off. But by the looks of things I have a ways to go before I would be able to keep up with the rigs most of you are running. Anyway, thanks for reading. Cheers:gluging:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Greetings Chefs!

First of all, is that a brand new Jeep? If so, nicely done.

As for keeping up with other Jeeps, you will be amazed at the capabilities of a stock Jeep. A wolf in sheep's clothing, I tell you. Once it's time to upgrade, feel free to drop by the Jersey Crew thread. We've got enough modded rigs that just about every good and bad mod is covered. In other words, learn from the mistakes of others. It'll save you time and money.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Shiny new Jeep, how do you feel about mud and sand and the paint on the side of your doors?

Welcome. There are a few with weekday weekends. Most rides happen on Saturday or Sunday, but there are always folks that feel the urge to get muddy during the week. Hope to see you on a trail sometime soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shiny new Jeep, how do you feel about mud and sand and the paint on the side of your doors?

Welcome. There are a few with weekday weekends. Most rides happen on Saturday or Sunday, but there are always folks that feel the urge to get muddy during the week. Hope to see you on a trail sometime soon.

Well put it this way, that is the pic that was taken when I got it home, about and hour later it was covered in mud, best I could with stock tires and I got stuck in a pretty deep hole, but 4Lo managed to get me out nicely. I feel the only way to see how something works is to try it out. 3 weeks later I have scratches all over the place and to be honest, it doesn't even bother me. I bought it to go offroad with, if I wanted to stay on the road I would have bought a car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greetings Chefs!

First of all, is that a brand new Jeep? If so, nicely done.

As for keeping up with other Jeeps, you will be amazed at the capabilities of a stock Jeep. A wolf in sheep's clothing, I tell you. Once it's time to upgrade, feel free to drop by the Jersey Crew thread. We've got enough modded rigs that just about every good and bad mod is covered. In other words, learn from the mistakes of others. It'll save you time and money.
Yeah it had 1 mile on it, I picked it up coming off the delivery truck. And if you knew what I went through before this Jeep, you would understand why I just bought a new one. But put it this way, I had a 2011 Ram I bought in Sept. And traded it in with only putting 4000 miles on it. Long story short, I was duped with the Ram.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Well put it this way, that is the pic that was taken when I got it home, about and hour later it was covered in mud, best I could with stock tires and I got stuck in a pretty deep hole, but 4Lo managed to get me out nicely. I feel the only way to see how something works is to try it out. 3 weeks later I have scratches all over the place and to be honest, it doesn't even bother me. I bought it to go offroad with, if I wanted to stay on the road I would have bought a car.
Very solid answer! I think you may have found some like minded individuals

·
Registered
292 Posts
welcome aboard...time to post the test.....Ryan????

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Welcome to JKO. You chose the correct color IMO for wheeling tight trails - silver hides the scratches better. Check out the Jersey Crew thread for info on local rides and events. Most rides are open to non-members, so you can decide whether you want to belong after you've experienced the insanity in-person.

·
Registered
128 Posts
^^^^this ......my rubi touched mud at 25 miles on the clock.... nice to meet you man
Btw Im off on Sunday and monday and rip through the woods as many weekdays and weeknights as I can
my normal stomping ground is in Jackson and your welcome to join in the fun : )

P.s welcome to the forum and get to know everyone well there are many knowledgeable people
here who will definitely save u time and money

1 - 20 of 51 Posts