JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I Just ran into the site recently and thought I'd see whats up, and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed so far. I'm a new Jeep owner and it looks like I've come to the right place for advice and ideas about how to treat my JKU. I'm most recently from the Atlanta area and I'm currently assigned to Fort Rucker Alabama, where I picked up my 2011 JKU Sahara (at the moment she's pretty much bone stock). I'm looking into mods left and right and just waiting for my pocketbook to be able to keep up with where my mind is at. I'll probably want to stick with the 3.8 but beef 'er up with exhaust, intake, etc. just to get some real efficiency out of it(advice will not be rejected here). As for the rest I'll be looking into a Trektop (NX), new bumpers, winch, lights, wheels, tires, fenders, and move my mirrors. I'll get to the lift in there somewhere, probably not going over 3.0 inches I imagine. The standard works really. I've only had a little offroad experience (but that was just a bit of baja) and just want my jeep to be a good all-rounder that's also head turner on the street as well. I only pretend to be mechanically inclined but I know my way around a socket wrench and just hope I don't get myself in over my head by being overly ambitious. I really do think I've come to the right place though for guidance. After I leave Rucker this summer I'll be settling somewhere in central Florida (my unit is in Clearwater) and am looking forward to soaking up a lot of that Florida sun through the top of my jeep for years to come. Until then, I hope to spend alot of time on here making plans and wishing I had the money to implement them... Thanks for having me

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Fine lookin' ride! Welcome aboard. I think you will really enjoy this forum, lots of great information and ideas along with plenty of entertainment. LOL Thank you for your service too! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.