JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, name is Josh. I am in the process of finding a JK to purchase so I have been lurking around the forum for a few weeks doing research trying to decide on the best options for me. Will hopefully have a JK to post pictures of in the coming weeks and some boxes shortly there after to start a mild rock crawler build.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to add, I am looking for a '12 plus 2dr Sport auto to buy. I like the newer interior and the 3.6L engine so I didn't want to go any older than '12. After I find a JK, I am selling my '04 Ram SRT-10 Viper truck to fund a mild-medium build so hopefully I can find a buyer for that soon enough. My mod plans as of now for the JK are:

-RK 2.5 X-Factor lift w/RRD shocks and 3" bumpstops
-Sleeve and gusset the D30
-MTR 35's
-4.88 gears front and rear
-Tom Woods front and rear driveshafts
-ARB lockers front and rear
-Armor up w/winch (haven't decided on brand yet but looking at the Poison Spider stuff)
-3 gallon pancake air tank with a Viar compressor for lockers and airing up
-Recovery gear and spare parts

Any opinions or suggestions to the list are much appreciated. I have never personally owned a Jeep. My only experience in this world is many hours both as a spotter and in the passenger seat so I am more than willing to accept that I could be venturing down the wrong path for the build. Trails I plan to frequent are the Big Bear sites, Cleghorn, and maybe MOAB once I get a little more comfortable behind the wheel. I have 3 close buddies with decently built Jeeps to help me through the learning process and to keep an eye on me as well. Thanks to everyone in advance and sorry for the long post.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone. I have my eye set on a JK right now, just waiting to get back from this business trip in a few weeks so I can buy it. Hope to have pics posted and orders placed for a few of the parts soon.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back in the states for 4 days and got my Jeep. Did go a little off plan though but 33 OTD for a new Rubicon was too good to pass up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.