JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i get back from the sandbox i plan on upgrading both axles on the jk to a DANA 44 with 4.56 gears and ARB lockers, but i dont know which brand to buy. I am thinking G2 axles but dont know if they are crap ot not. the reason why im getting full axles is with new gears and locker plus labor its about the same price. Could yall please tell me what you have in your jeep? i use the jeep for a daily driver but go play in the mountains about twice a month. i am not going to lift the jeep or get 37's. I am going to stay with the 35's and 3.5 in lift.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i was wondering the same thing. i think g2 uses dynatrac housings. i see they have a front 44 with gears, alloy shafts and a Detroit for about $2500. has anyone bought on of these. also do they come set up.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The bare PR housings run around $2k. Seems more likely that they are using $900 stock rubi housings or custom built their own? Would be interested if anyone has confirmation one way or the other though.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Went to there website and yep the 44 is an oem case the 60 is prorock
Stll wondering if anyone is running this

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do yall think a G2 44 axle with an arb locker, 4.56 gears will be fine for 35's for some light to moderate wheelin?

·
Registered
561 Posts
i personally would go with 5:13's thats what i got sitting on my work bench, for when I can afford a lift, and tires:bawling:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
most run 4.88/ 6 speed and 5.13/ auto
X2 that motor doesn't sit at the right RPM"s without 4:88 of lower..tons of threads on that..Also I hate to burst your bubble but the front G2 44"s are only available for xj/tj"s no Jk"s as of yet..call g2 they will tell u the same

1 - 10 of 10 Posts