JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dad's wedding last weekend talking to Dave and Reggie (who watched me grow up and taught me how to shoot) and Dave turned me on to this forum and the Jersey Crew one, so i figured that i would check it out.

Anyway, I'm Josh, I grew up in South Jersey my whole life and currently live in Buena. I've had a TJ and a few lifted Chevys over the last 5 years so i may have ran into a few of you in wharton during clean-up or just trail riding. I dont have anything lifted right now but i'm hoping to have a JK or TJ soon, it just depends on how eager i get and what i can afford when i reach my breaking point.
I work on F-16 Jet Engines for the Airforce so i know my way around a tool box pretty well and I'm always willing to lend a hand. I also have a GMC Sierra and a car trailer and would never leave anyone on the side of the road or in the woods (as long as i can get there haha).

Hopefully ill find my way into a Jeep soon and will be able to come out and play. Here are a few pics of my old rides.

Me on the left

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hey Josh!!!!! Had a blast hanging out with you Saturday!
Great pics, I remember some of those sweet rides you've had.

Welcome to JKO, cannot wait to get you out wheeling in a Jeep!

No good deed goes unpunished.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Wassup Bro. Hmm. A turbine powered rock crawler? I like it! Except it probably burn the forest down all around us. :(
I definitely wouldn't try to pull anyone out with it :flame:

Hey Josh!!!!! Had a blast hanging out with you Saturday!
Great pics, I remember some of those sweet rides you've had.

Welcome to JKO, cannot wait to get you out wheeling in a Jeep!

No good deed goes unpunished.
It was definitely awesome to see you guys. Hopefully you'll be seeing me up on some 37s again soon

Josh missed this last night. Welcome to JKO. With a name like Bone your a natural for the Crew. It was good seeing you at your dads wedding.
Thanks for telling me about this, it seems like you guys have a tight group here. I'm definitely looking forward to coming out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Josh, Friend/Family to Dave and Reg is more than a Friend/Family member to me. Welcome!! How many years have you put in with the Airforce? Career?

Oh yeah, GET A DAMN JEEP!!! We already have Jeepless Jay we dont need Jeepless Lil'bone....
I've been in 8 years now but I'm starting to second guess whether or not this is the career for me. thinking about law enforcement.

I usually get what i want when it comes to vehicles, even if it means eating Ramen noodles for a few weeks, so i cant imagine that ill be jeepless long.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So you're the one with the big truck who rutted out that mud hole getting me stuck for an hour....LOL! Welcome Josh, your previous rigs look awesome and I look forward to meeting you down the road.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've been in 8 years now but I'm starting to second guess whether or not this is the career for me. thinking about law enforcement.

I usually get what i want when it comes to vehicles, even if it means eating Ramen noodles for a few weeks, so i cant imagine that ill be jeepless long.
Im sure things are getting just as stupid in all of the military branches. Main reason I left and that was back in 05. Law Enforement is a great career choice but remember it isnt necessarily your back ground in NJ but more of who you know. Kind of ass backwards nowadays. With the technology you worked on I would suggest something along the lines of Aircraft mechanic for one of the airlines. One of my buddies does it and he travels all over the world for free for 2-3 day mini vacations. He flys to ireland about every three months just to play golf. lol. Best of luck with what ever you decide to do. Getting out of hte military is a trip. Good Luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im sure things are getting just as stupid in all of the military branches. Main reason I left and that was back in 05. Law Enforement is a great career choice but remember it isnt necessarily your back ground in NJ but more of who you know. Kind of ass backwards nowadays. With the technology you worked on I would suggest something along the lines of Aircraft mechanic for one of the airlines. One of my buddies does it and he travels all over the world for free for 2-3 day mini vacations. He flys to ireland about every three months just to play golf. lol. Best of luck with what ever you decide to do. Getting out of hte military is a trip. Good Luck!
Yeah, I'm actually a federal military technician so I'm dual status military which is a little bit different than active duty. I've also been over to the sand box twice so vets status should help me.. and that fact that i applied for Camden Metro police... haha. I would rather turn wrenches as a hobby than do it for the rest of my life as my career. What did you do while you were in?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome to the mad house, stay in do your 20, your young and you can do 12 more standing on your head. After that you will have alot of doors open to you and you'll be young enough to step into them. (just my $.02)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the mad house, stay in do your 20, your young and you can do 12 more standing on your head. After that you will have alot of doors open to you and you'll be young enough to step into them. (just my $.02)
Thanks. Being a federal military technician means that i cant collect after 20. I cant collect until I'm 62 though. There's a grey area between being military and a civilian and that's where i fall. I definitely have a lot of thinking to do though.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah, I'm actually a federal military technician so I'm dual status military which is a little bit different than active duty. I've also been over to the sand box twice so vets status should help me.. and that fact that i applied for Camden Metro police... haha. I would rather turn wrenches as a hobby than do it for the rest of my life as my career. What did you do while you were in?
Are you down in AC?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts