JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2008 JKU Sahara with 81k miles. It is getting a little long on the tooth as they say.

Brought it in for some recall work and a new 17 JKU Sahara on the lot caught my eye. Sticker is $40,200, internet price is $37,841.

The 17 checks all my boxes.

Tell me why I should or should not explore buying it.

How different will the 18's really be when they come out? Would I be better holding off for a year and getting an 18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
For me it's about $-if you have it why not get a new ride-

How is the 08 long in the tooth?......mileage is low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me it's about $-if you have it why not get a new ride-

How is the 08 long in the tooth?......mileage is low.

The 08 is showing it's age. Door hinges are starting to bubble. Rims look tired. Interior looks like a 10 year old vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Nothing a couple grand couldn't cure. I commented in another thread my son's 03 tj has more original/ stock components than my Jk. Despite its numerous and obvious flaws the jk is still pretty easy to work on and mine rides better now at 112,000 miles than it did new😉

I admit I will be buying a new 2dr next year passing the 08 jku down to him and his TJ will go to the middle daughter/next in line.

Price new is still scary-lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
18s will be fairly different - engine options, interior appointments, exterior, etc.

Is it worth waiting? Hard to say - there may not be a lot of financial incentives initially to move 2018 units, so you may not get much in the way of a deal. Do you need a diesel or any of the other (yet to be confirmed) features that will be exclusive to 2018? Aftermarket parts may or may not be compatible initially too...

My 2015 is holding up very well, and I think this sub-generation of JK is pretty dialed-in, personally.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Fix the body. Fix the interior. Not much else to worry about if you have the LIFETIME power train warranty. If not get the 17.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fix the body. Fix the interior. Not much else to worry about if you have the LIFETIME power train warranty. If not get the 17.

How would I know if I have the lifetime power train Warranty? I bought this used.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
How would I know if I have the lifetime power train Warranty? I bought this used.

The warranty is not transferable, sell it. :frown2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts