JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took one home I'm looking to lift it and you know the works. I just know nothing about my jeep I came from a 2008 f150 lift 16 in on 38s. I just have no idea where to start guys any advice would be great.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I'd start out and go 2" spacer lift and 35" tires. That'll get the look of a trail Jeep. Then take your time to decide the other things. Don't be like most of us dumbasses and do every project twice because you pick something when you don't know all the facts only to swap it out for something else later!

Congrats on the new rig and post pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's hard to beat the Rock Krawler stock mod 2.5 inch lift. Their systems are all upgradeable so you can add parts as necessary. I'll be installing their 2.5 max flex after I buy 35s.

That said, I've been happy with the Teraflex leveling kit. It fixes the factory rake and lifts it one inch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
For example, if you wanted to do the stock mod (coil springs/track bar) you can just to that. Later on you can buy lower control arms, later you can add bigger coil springs.

I have to talk my self out of buying the stock mod all the time because it's such a good deal. But the logic in me says hold out for the max flex kit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha I'm just looking for go flex with 35s getting smithy built armor fenders front and rear with a stinger bumper and want sit tall ya know? Hence I'm used to looking into the cab of 18 wheelers lol

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
Here's mine for some ideas! I basically have a 3.5" X-Factor with 2.5" coils on it. The flares and armor are all from Poison Spyder. The tires are 37s.

It flexes pretty good. ;)

Welcome to the wonderful world of Jeeps...where less lift is more. You'll find that all of us are hacking and cutting and stretching and massaging our Jeeps so that we can stay as low as possible over the tires while maximizing droop for crawling. Low center of gravity keeps you planted while in off camber situations and keeps the Jeep handling like it should.

Keep the questions coming and take some time poking around the Modified Tech section and Scrap Book.

Welcome aboard! You'll love your JK!

Marcus

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I really like hat you did with the hood Marcus. I'd you just remove the rubber bumpers and install the decal over it? Did you fill the holes? Is that from Pixildecals?
Thanks! It is from Pixel, he does all of my vinyl work for the business.

I just pulled the bumpers and cleaned everything up and laid it over the holes. I put tiny slits in the vinyl and reinstalled the bumpers. I was mid-install on it there, it has a big RCO decal in the center and the bumpers are back on it. I'll post another picture later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.