JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first Jeep and I am looking at the AEV 3.5" DualSport SC suspension lift. I am also adding either the AEV front and rear bumper with tire carrier or the LOD one?? I was going smittybilt but I got told that they are chinese sh*t bumpers?? I will be adding 35" Toyo MT's mounted on KMC Monsters. Other add ons are a 30" rigid led light bar, HID's and a warn winch. What items would you change on my list? I have a 10,000+ budget for this unit and would love some input from some fellow Jeep owners!! Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome, I can say I like my LOD rear bumper and no rattles(thats my thing). I know that AEV is great stuff, I can also say I love my currie 4". Have fun with all the shopping.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Welcome to JKO. Well thought out build plan that you have there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm happy with my LoD bumper. If you want the mid or full width, and you live somewhere with salt and snow, get rid of the factory flares. They funnel salt and crap onto the top of the bumper and I've had a little bit of rust I've had to touch up. Flats should solve that problem.

If you're actually going to wheel your Jeep, and you live in an area with any kind of rocks, get some skid plates like Rock Hard or JCR. I've got the Rock Hard and I love them. Same goes for diff covers, like a set of Riddlers.

If you have the welding skills, or know someone who does, gussets and a truss or sleeve for the front axle is not a bad idea.

An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure!

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,831 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was going smittybilt but I got told that they are chinese sh*t bumpers?? I have a 10,000+ budget for this unit and would love some input from some fellow Jeep owners!! Thank you all in advance.
If you live somewhere with salt and snow, get rid of the factory flares. They funnel salt and crap onto the top of the bumper and I've had a little bit of rust I've had to touch up. Flats should solve that problem.

If you have the welding skills, or know someone who does, gussets and a truss or sleeve for the front axle is not a bad idea.
You may want to consider a regear too! With all that extra weight regearing may be in your near future.

Hey APEX, welcome to JKOwners! :beer:

I would recommend with your budget to look at GenRight Off-Road's parts for the JK to answer a lot of the recommendations/concerns stated in this thread.

Genright makes an entire line of aluminum parts for areas where rust is prevalent, weighs about 20% of the normal steel parts for less weight/wear and tear on your suspension, brakes, etc), and also has all the brackets/gussets/trusses you would need to beef up your JK. GenRight also makes all of the aluminum parts in a steel version if that is what you are looking for! :beer:

And to solve the dilemma about the Smittybuilt stuff being Chinese made, GenRight Off-Road's parts are made in the USA! :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.