JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help I bought an 08 unlimited 4 dr.I don't plan any really rough stuff,but will take it off road.Alpine Loop in Colorado for one.What skid plates should I add?I don't think I need the whole undercarriage covered but would like to be safe on a budget...Thanks

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Need some help I bought an 08 unlimited 4 dr.I don't plan any really rough stuff,but will take it off road.Alpine Loop in Colorado for one.What skid plates should I add?I don't think I need the whole undercarriage covered but would like to be safe on a budget...Thanks
IMO you will be fine with what you already have. Crawl under and take a look. I am going to get some eventually and have beat on mine a little with no problems at all.

And few "plan" for the rough stuff at first.... it sure does grow on you though.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Don't know what model you have. But the factory skids on the Rubi will hold up if you're not doing any serious rock crawling. If you're going to crawl over rocks I'd say engine/trans and rock sliders for starters. You might look at Skid Row and Rock Hard for skid plates. The factory rock sliders on the rubi are stong. Some guys weld a bar to the factory slider to better protect the rocker panel.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Those are good points!

Sliders are a real good idea (trust me). I need to protect the evap canister too.

the poly performance (AKA **** **********) have a nice complete skid setup for around a grand.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
River Raider is also making a new set of skids for about 799 bare - (just paint them)

The Benchmark-Design skid for the evap is a very good idea if you don't want to go full skids. And maybe even with full skids. IDK.... trying to decide on relocation myself due to new muffler though. Otherwise I would skid it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts