JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEED WIRE ROUTING IDEAS! (ANYONE RUNNING RIGID 50" E/SR's)

Well this is my first post on here...I guess I should throw that into the pot. Anyway, I'm looking for some wire routing options for my 50" E series on my 2010 JK.

Initially, I ran the wire through the door jam because I saw/read several photos/posts of it being done on different forums without any leak issues. We got a good rain storm up here in Wisconsin one day and then there was water running down my A pillar. So, I ended up running the wiring to the outside down along the windshield bracket with several zip ties. (Trying to add some photos, having a little trouble)

I'm assuming there are quite a bit of people who run these Rigid's on this forum, just trying to see how others ran theirs. I'm all about the clean look and would love to see how others wired theirs up.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
My name is Charles!

Thank You!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I changed out the wire cover and pushed the wire in between the window glass and the frame.

I also did the wiring on the passenger side vs the driver side, either side will work.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I ran mine down the driver side, the wire tucked under the PSC mount about 1/4 or 1/3 of the down, then I used some plastic cable clamps like these to hold the wires down. The cable clamps fit nicely under the PSC mount and hold the wires secure. I then tucked the wire down into the cowl, there's a spot there that looks like it was made for running wires down. Sorry for the bad pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you! I think I'll try your cable clamp method! I like that better than seeing all of my zip ties! Appreciate it! I'll post a pic tomorrow or so when I get it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts