JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to see if anyone might have the wire color that is used for the high beams in the steering column? If anyone has this information, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited.

Thank you!!

Solless

·
Registered
494 Posts
The simple answer is you can't get there from here. The headlamp switch is part of the steering control module. There is no individual wire external to the switch that controls the high beams. The switch module is hooked up to the Totally Integrated Power Module via the LIN BUS, the Cluster, and the CAN Interior Bus. In short, when you hit the headlamp switch, you are asking the computer's permission to turn on the lights. The computer then grants your request - usually.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. Damn that sucks. In my old TJ I hooked my garage door opener up to the high beams, so that just a quick flash when I got home, and the garage would open, no remotes to be seen or stolen out of the jeep. Guess I will have to find a different way to give my garage door remote a signal. Stupid smart cars and all their computers.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Damn that sucks. In my old TJ I hooked my garage door opener up to the high beams, so that just a quick flash when I got home, and the garage would open, no remotes to be seen or stolen out of the jeep. Guess I will have to find a different way to give my garage door remote a signal. Stupid smart cars and all their computers.
You can trigger a relay off the high beam wire in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might just have to, although the remote is far from waterproof. Nothing a good ziplock bag, or extending the wire can't fix. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts