JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the PDX area that has a JK, 4 Door, Auto, 35” tires and ring and pinion taller than 4.10 that would be willing to let me drive it? I would like to make a butt-dino (BD) evaluation of the performance enhancements possible with this mod.

I’ll spring for lunch and fill up your tank if we can hit the highway and also find a place to run it in 4 low for just a moment or two. Ring and pinions I’m interested in are the 4.88, 5.13 and 5.38.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have a 4 door with a auto and 488 gears and 35" tires and it does real good. if you have a dana 30 in front you should not get any gears over 488 any ways. if you have dana 44 then get the 513 gears.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CMYJEEP

Thanks for the info, I have a Rubicon with 44s front and rear. How does your rig compare now the stock configuration?

·
Registered
125 Posts
i had 4.10 gears and 35" tires and i could not keep my jeep in over drive. now i can drive my jeep with no problems in O/D and it dose great on hills now too. I have 4.88 gears now . go with the 5.13 gears and you wont be sorry. i tow a 16' trailer and it does great. my gas mileage even went up a bit to.
by the way its night and day on how it drives now .:D

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I agree. I am running 5.13s with 37s (perfect set-up for 37s). Don't get less than 5.13s; it will cover you for anything in the future and give great power/economy now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts