JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Long story less short, If you need to enlarge your knuckle to support a flip adapter, trying to enlarge that hole with a regular bit may result in a smashed human knuckle. I bought a nice 7/8" tapered reamer from Viking, which in my opinion is the only place to go for drilling bits. Couple squirts of cutting oil and this guy zips through knuckles like butter.

The problem is, a decent reamer will set you back $100+ and you may use it once or twice. I've learned a lot from this forum and you all are a bunch of decent guys and gals. The least I can do is pass this thing along to the next person who needs to ream a knuckle. All I ask is that you pass it to the next person and so on. If it needs to be sharpened, shoot it back to me and I'm happy to take care of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

Long story less short, If you need to enlarge your knuckle to support a flip adapter, trying to enlarge that hole with a regular bit may result in a smashed human knuckle. I bought a nice 7/8" tapered reamer from Viking, which in my opinion is the only place to go for drilling bits. Couple squirts of cutting oil and this guy zips through knuckles like butter.

The problem is, a decent reamer will set you back $100+ and you may use it once or twice. I've learned a lot from this forum and you all are a bunch of decent guys and gals. The least I can do is pass this thing along to the next person who needs to ream a knuckle. All I ask is that you pass it to the next person and so on. If it needs to be sharpened, shoot it back to me and I'm happy to take care of it.
Awesome of you to offer this up!!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hi,

Is this the correct taper for the GM 1 ton tie rod ends? If so I may need to take you up on your hospitality.

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there is a reamer available I would prefer that direction as opposed to the drop in.
My reamer is for making the "over-sized" hole that a tapered adapter drops in to.

For the record, drop in adapters are BS. You have to chamfer the hole and do stupid things to get the adapter to fit + get the castle nut to align with the cotter pin hole. As soon as I can justify replacing my knuckle, I'm going to do it right.

I believe RuffStuff sells the reamer if you want to do it right. Wait long enough and I'm sure Ill buy one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts