JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty set on MB 72 15x8 wheels. Would a 33/12.50/15 Duratrac be better than a 33/10.50/15 on the same wheel? Will one rub or stick out too much?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I said that because a couple of replies were based on the Jeep being stock. Odds are if she was buying larger wheels and tires there is a bigger picture that we needed to take into account.

The JK doesn't have a problem growing into it's wheel and tire choice so I was thinking in terms of helping her buy tires once. The alternative might mean she buys what fits now and is disappointed when she lifts it and has to regroup.

Also, a 33/12.50 would be easier to resell than a 33/10.50 IMO. ;)

I should have clarified before, my post was a bit vague.

Congrats on the new wheels and tires! You'll love them!

Marcus
Thanks Marcus, what you said is spot on. I want to keep it relatively stock. I am definitely in the market for a leveling kit though.

I would have loved some 35s but I don't see my finances allowing for gears, bigger lift, or a tire carrier/bumper combo for at least 2 years (paying off my student loans). Unfortunately, I am too conservative even though I would love to have a "screw my loans" mentality :)

I really want to start getting my feet wet now. I think I can have fun until it is time to replace the tires. I am too embarrassed to go wheel with the horrible Sport tires it came with so I haven't even been out yet.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ha ha! Get out there and have some fun...no one's gonna judge you!

If money is tight and you're looking into a budget boost you should pick up a set of 1.75" spacers for the front and a .75" spacer for the rear. Then find someone who has a set of stock REAR sway bar links and install them on the front of yours. The rear links are much longer than the stock front ones and they will keep your sway bar where it needs to be.

When you go offroad just take an 18MM socket/ratchet and wrench with you and disconnect them at the axle and use zip ties to hold them up out of the way.

Inexpensive and extremely effective! :)

Don't forget to post pictures when you get the new shoes installed!

marcus
Plus, it gives me a reason to get a better quality socket set. I did some work on my friends civic this weekend and between changing the breaks and water pump I broke two Husky sockets. You would have thought they were made out of plastic.

Thanks again for the advice. One more thing, I would really like to see if Rock Krawler produces the 1.5" Dual Sport system. Do you think I can run the 33s without a leveling kit for a few weeks?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Grats on the tires neighbor!

come over to my office and ill take the pictures and upload them for ya!

if you feel like taking your rig out for a little camping/ wheeling.

a large group of us (50 jeeps) are heading out to calico ghost town on Friday, 3-23-12 till Sunday 3-25-12
you'll be fine!

we ran 35s for a month with no leveling kit.

let me know if you need a hand/ tools/ or a lift
Thanks D! Such a class act :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.