JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a intake and exhaust system for my jeep and wondering what you guys recommend.

Exhaust wise, I've narrowed it down to the Magnaflow cat-back system, or 4wd.com's system, which they say is made for them by Magnaflow. They are both supposedly all stainless steel, use the same muffler, made by Magnaflow, but the 4wd one is almost $200 cheaper. I figure theres gotta be a catch somewhere. I tryed calling 4wd.com, and all they could tell me was what I had stareing me in the face on my computer screen. Anyone have experience with either one?

As for the intake, I've narrowed it down to AEM's, S&B's, and TrueFlow's XDI. Any suggestions? I've heard lots of good about AEM's, and I like the fact that you don't have to oil it, but it looks like its heat shield does the worst job of shielding the filter from heat, and it leaves the element open to mud and water. I like the S&B, but then there is the whole having to oil the filter part. Atleast that one has a complete box around the filter. I really like the looks of the XDI, but dont' know how well their foam filters catch the dirt, and they are rather expensive. Thanks guys for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, now that I've learned about the exhaust kits that relocate the muffler, I'm also looking into the Rancho system as well. The price seems hard to beat. Does anyone know if the tubing that comes with it is stainless steel, or aluminized though? We get a descent amount of road salt here in the wintertime and I don't wanna have to worry about it rusting out.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
If your gonna lift it, spend the $$$ on gears first...then go from there. Depending on usage (on/ off road), maybe look into a locker for the rear...( unless one of the senior/ more experienced guys has a better suggestion...)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anything as pricey as gears would have to wait until atleast next years tax return. I just had a little money to play around with and figured exhaust wouldn't be a bad way to go. This things just to quiet. My previous vehicle was a straight piped Dodge with the Cummins, so I could stand a little more noise:)

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was very pleased with my Airaids, good intakes as far as manufacturing and fitment go. I had one in our last JK, and have one on my 4.7L WJ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts