JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here we go
all custom made 9" axle with all bracketry running gusseted jk Cs. 3" tubes 1/2" thick. custom shafts. this is a bolt in axle for the JK using your outers.
choice of gear ratio and locker.

all of this running between $3300 and $3700
you could also upgrade to 35 spline locker and shafts for additional $$

so give me some feedback here what do you think.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The only problem I see is having to reuse your C's, at least that would be the issue for me. When I build axles (it'll be ruffstuff 9's) I'll run Rockcrusher D60 KP C's in the front and D60 FF rear spindles. So kinda understand my overbuild way of thinking. And I don't give a shit about the ESP/ABS. So I'm not your average customer :) so with you being able to retain those OEM fail-safes. I fully understand why that's the route you/them took. BTW, who's 3rd member are you running, OH! and your axles are pure inspiration. They turned out awesome!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'm assuming that doesn't include the 3rd? If it does, killer price.

I've been beating on a RJ 60, 35 spline inners, RCVs & stock outers for a year and haven't had an issue(other than ball joints)... so I think this would be a good option for a lot of guys.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The only problem I see is having to reuse your C's, at least that would be the issue for me. When I build axles (it'll be ruffstuff 9's) I'll run Rockcrusher D60 KP C's in the front and D60 FF rear spindles. So kinda understand my overbuild way of thinking. And I don't give a shit about the ESP/ABS. So I'm not your average customer :) so with you being able to retain those OEM fail-safes. I fully understand why that's the route you/them took. BTW, who's 3rd member are you running, OH! and your axles are pure inspiration. They turned out awesome!
mine is not running jk Cs mine will be running old 44 3/4ton Cs because i wanted locking hubs. on mine we are tying the front abs crap into the rear. my rear third is a daytona, and front is a strange..

Prope: yes that includes the 3rd. complete axle minus your outers ready to bolt in.

also these housings are not some off the shelf housing each will be custom made one at a time.

JK VICK He is working on something that will be perfect for your build. he is designing a tone ring setup that mounts on the transfer case output. this way you retain your speedometer, and it will keep those stupids esp/abs lights out. this will allow the use of any axle under the JK.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Yeah, when someone finally comes out with a TC tone ring setup its gonna really open up the door for jk axles. The main deal for me is to be able to sell off my rubi 44's to regain some cash. How come you decided not to run a roughstuff 9 in the front?

Vick

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only reason I have the ruff stuff was I got it for $300. It will be coming out in a couple months for one of his custom axles to be installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Right on. Who's custom axle, a different RS or from the shop doing your work? Are you not happy with the RS?

Only reason I have the ruff stuff was I got it for $300. It will be coming out in a couple months for one of his custom axles to be installed

Vick

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His custom axles, just pulling it so I will have his matching set. It might be going to SEMA this year for him. He does some awesome fabrication and he will beat anyones prices

·
Registered
72 Posts
THE PRICE!!!

I THINK IT A GREAT PRICE POINT FOR THE FRONT. SO IF WE DECIDE TO HAVE HIM BULD THE FRONT, WE CAN USE 60 C'S AND OUTERS. WILL THIS SETUP STILL WORK WITH THE TONE RINGS, ABS, AND ESP ?:mr-t: THIS IS AWESOME. I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU FURTHER ABOUT WHEN HE CAN START MY PROJECT. PLEASE PM ME.:)

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
When I have the funds, I plan to get in touch with you over this setup.

As others have mentioned, the key to the whole thing is to get it to work with the JK's touchy electronics. I like your idea of running the 44 outers if you dont plan to ever go larger than, say, 38s. I don't plan to run anything larger so I'm curious to know that once he gets your axles dialed in, would he sell the exact same setup? Are you going to have to run custom axle shafts with these?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts

I like this ^^^. BTW, Mels rig is going to be one for the magazines if he goes with the engine swap he mentioned.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
When I have the funds, I plan to get in touch with you over this setup.

As others have mentioned, the key to the whole thing is to get it to work with the JK's touchy electronics. I like your idea of running the 44 outers if you dont plan to ever go larger than, say, 38s. I don't plan to run anything larger so I'm curious to know that once he gets your axles dialed in, would he sell the exact same setup? Are you going to have to run custom axle shafts with these?
Uh think hes going 40's :bounce: im thinking of going with a currie f9 housing 3' tubes strange case 5:38's 31 or 35 spline ARB

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Mel, I haven't seen the wheels Dirty welded for you up close. Whats the back spacing? If you are going standard width axles and running 40's, hope you have a lot of backspacing so you don't rub the frame in the front. I asked Kevin but he didn't have your wheels. Check it. Larry

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm running my 17s with 4 1/2 back space. was tired of waiting for pitbulls to put on the hummer wheels (3 1/2" backspacing) so hummer wheels might go up for sale, or i'll throw some swampers on them for winter snow runs. talked to Kevin last night he is going to push the front axle 1-2"s forward also

1 - 17 of 17 Posts