JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have had some starting problems for a long time. replaced starter battery ground straps and a sensor in the trans. still the problem got worse. so now the jeep wont start at all. but here is the funny part. i turn the key. nothing. jump under the jeep with the key still trying to start the jeep and then smash the starter and it starts every time, but the starter still wont stop running untill i hit it again. so no im starting to think the second starter i got was also bad? what do you think the chances are? im thinking about throwing my old starter back in to see if the problem gets a little better. that should tell me if the starter really is the problem. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
936 Posts
When you replaced the started did you replace the solenoid as well? Could be the newer started is bad too, or the solenoid is bad. Fucking electrical gremlins dont ya love them.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it had a 1 year but came seem to find the box i need to bring it back, if my problem gets better after putting the old one back on then i want to get a brand new started anyway, not a shitty rebuilt one

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah it had a 1 year but came seem to find the box i need to bring it back, if my problem gets better after putting the old one back on then i want to get a brand new started anyway, not a shitty rebuilt one
same thing happened with mine... i didnt have a box also but they took it back... where did you get it from?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i put the old starter in and now its running like a champ. still i need a new starter because the old one was giving me some problems every now and then. anyone know if they make a waterproof starter for the jks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.