JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I've been driving myself a little crazy trying to figure out which tires I should run on my rig as I'm building it up.

Here is my current (relevant) setup:

2017 JKU
BFG KM2 35x12.5R15
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front (all options, 4.88 /w MT)
Dynatrac ProRock 60 Rear (all options)
Adams Extreme Duty 1310 Front & Rear DS
3.5 RockKrawler Lift (yielded about 4in)
Stock Control Arms (Front lower are RK)
Yeti XD Tie Rod
Yeti XD Drag Link
RK Track Bar

So now my KM2's are coming to their end-of life, they were added when I was still stock on a D30+D44. What I'm trying to avoid is having to replace my lift, put in hydro or do other expensive upgrades on top of it all.

Here are the choices I'm considering atm - Jeep is an occasional daily driver but mainly offroader in CO/UT with lots of Moab and mountain time, so road manners aren't super important. For wheels I'm just going to use steel ProComps like I have now, cheap, will get beat up

Choice 1: BFG KM3 37x12.5R17
Safe choice, love BFG, but KM's tend to run a bit small - my 35's are only slightly over 33

Choice 2: Milestar Patagonia M/T 38x13.5R17
Cheap with $250 apiece, runs true to size, keep seeing them without much negative feedback, don't know brand

Choice 3: BFG KM3 39x13.5R17
Expensive choice, would love the size (might run more like a true-to-size 37), major concerns are can I use my existing lift, do i need hydro, really needed...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think 40’s are out for sure since I doubt my lift, control arms and 1310 drive shafts would even remotely support it.

As far as hydro goes, what do you guys think about those $500-$600 west Texas kits? Trying to avoid going the full 2-3k PSC route for now

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the stock width axles since I upgraded the front first (I had a d30 that pooped). Haven’t finalized the d60 order yet so I got some options though it’s going to stay stock width as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm getting new wheels with the tires as my current ones are 15's - I'll make sure to keep that in mind! Thanks on the feedback about the Patagonias, they are very tempting especially at that price point

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good call on the 3.5 backspacing which will cause some pain, hate the idea of spacers ...

Another question I thought of
- what do you guys think I could possibly sell my old Rear D44 for? It's of a 2017 with roughly 20k miles, LSD locker, PS Cover, 4.88 gears and no damage
- what do you think my old tires/wheels could be worth? BFG KM2 35x12.5R15, 15k miles, good condition

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.