JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im new to the forum and have read many different things that have expanded my knowledge, so thanks. I just purchased a used stock 2015 Jeep Sport 2 door automatic. Based on what I read, I can't go to 35s without at least a 2.5 lift and different gears (currently have 3.21s). With that said, this is going to be a daily driver with little or no off-roading. I love the look of 35s but have to stay within my budget. I'm thinking of keeping it simple with a leveling kit and some 295/70/17s or 305/70/17s. I also may add some new shocks that provide a little less of a stiff ride. Any opinions on this setup and some advice on part selection for tires, wheels, leveling kit and shocks?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
You don't need lift for 35's on the street, but the performance with 3.21 gears is pretty bad and it puts stress on your entire drivetrain from the engine, transmission, and driveshafts. If you have to pick between gears and a lift then trim your fenders for free, tear off the lower air dam, and do gears.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 35x12.50 tires and 4.10 gears. I would spend the money on gears if I were you.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I ran 305/70/16s for a while on 2012 2 door automatic with 3.21s. I stared with no lift and stock fenders and wheeled it as hard as I could here in Florida. With stock wheels I need spacers up front to keep from rubbing on the sway bar at full steering lock... Then I added 1.75 coil spacers and shock extensions.

A programmer is mandatory to get the Jeep to shift right. It's annoying to drive in traffic if you don't. Any larger that 305/70/16 I would highly recommend re-gearing.

Right now I'm clearing 37s with those coil spacers and flat fenders. But I did 4.88s before the new wheels and tires went on. RK suspension was 2nd to re-gearing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
can we go 35" without lift or leveling ?

do I need a level with 35" tires?, If I go easy offroad ? just almost flat but some water and small rocks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts