JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title states… I've been around cars (building, racing you name it) since I can't remember. But a time has come that I have a newer beast that I am a little clueless about.

I just purchased a 08 2dr last week and am wanting to lift it a bit and run 33 or 35 tires.

I do drive this pretty much daily on the highway (about 20 miles) during the winter and am wanting to still be able to take 400 mile road trips as well as take to the trails…

For this I need advice… What is a good ride (highway) and good for trails as well…

I has read that you can clear 33s with no problems but would like the lift for a little added flew on the trails. After taking with a few local guys, I keep hearing the name "Rubicon Express". Any info on these guys???

all advice is appreciated

dave

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would stay away from the Rubicon express stuff for awhile they are in transition right now after being bought out by 4WParts!

You cant go wrong with the RK or poly kits do a spring lift and some good shocks for a good on and off road ride if you have an auto trans stick with the 33's unless you want to re gear for 35's and if you have a Rubicon with a 6 spd you can run the 35's without re gearing!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I would stay away from the Rubicon express stuff for awhile they are in transition right now after being bought out by 4WParts!

You cant go wrong with the RK or poly kits do a spring lift and some good shocks for a good on and off road ride if you have an auto trans stick with the 33's unless you want to re gear for 35's and if you have a Rubicon with a 6 spd you can run the 35's without re gearing!
YES STAY AWAY FROM RUBICON EXPRESS!!
I have the RE 4.5 long arm and have played hell with these bushings and then control arm failure resulting from the bushings. Then they closed, reorganized, whatever. Even spoke to them today and this was the 3rd DIFFERENT answer they have given me to replace under warranty. I strongly agree with jammin here and stay away from RE

from what I'm coming across, is that RK appears to be a good buy

·
Registered
118 Posts
YES STAY AWAY FROM RUBICON EXPRESS!!
I have the RE 4.5 long arm and have played hell with these bushings and then control arm failure resulting from the bushings. Then they closed, reorganized, whatever. Even spoke to them today and this was the 3rd DIFFERENT answer they have given me to replace under warranty. I strongly agree with jammin here and stay away from RE

from what I'm coming across, is that RK appears to be a good buy
RK 2.5
talk to marcus at river city offroad for the best deals

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
I'll throw another vote in the box for Rock Krawlers 2.5 kits.

However, if you're really only going to run 33s and you are interested in keeping as many of your stock components as possible, you might want to look at a leveling kit or small budget boost. This will enable you to find your limits with the Jeep and really assess your ultimate needs.

When and if you decided you needed more ground clearance your budget boost is still valuable and you'll know exactly where to put your money.

I run the 2.5" max travel on my two door and have installed it in stages. If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask!

Marcus

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Listen to Marcus! Spot on advice. I love my RK max travel kit for on and offroad performance. When you're ready or need advice give Marcus a call and he will have you hooked up in no time!

Sent from my iBalls using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the info guys.. Already PM'd Marcus to ask a few more questions to find the lift best suited for me

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Rough Country?

Anybody heard anything or know anything about the Rough Country 3.5" series II lift? I am not able to afford to much more unfortunately. I have a stock 08' Sahara Unlimited. Would like to run Fierce Attitude 35's. Yay or Nay?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Another vote for Rock Krawler.

With RK you can start with a basic lift like the stock mod, then add parts when more funds become available. I feel that all RK products are reasonably priced and are top notch in quality.

If you cant afford it now, wait longer and save! You will thank me in the end!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have AEV 4.5 and would not put anything else under my JK. It has a great ride on road and off. I drive my wife and son around. Who will you be driving around? Good luck.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Anybody heard anything or know anything about the Rough Country 3.5" series II lift? I am not able to afford to much more unfortunately. I have a stock 08' Sahara Unlimited. Would like to run Fierce Attitude 35's. Yay or Nay?
I helped out a friend with his rough country and I didn't like it at all. I've been installing mostly RK and a few teraflex and have to say either one is a good choice.

Sent with Smoke Signals

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.