JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am headed to the parts store and need to get a filter to cover the air intake in the grill i would measure my self but my old lady has my jeep:pissed::pissed: so if somone could help me out i would appreciate it

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
ummm I might be wrong but I think that scoop is on backwards.
I'm pretty sure the opening faces the windshield to take advantage of the high pressure area there like a cowl induction hood.

so do you just need that grill intake area measured?

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im getting ready for my death valley trip and i take a rectangle paper filter and put magnetic tape on it so i dont have to suck the fine dust in all day lol the pic was just an exaple of where i need measured :) my jeep is booger green :D

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
the actual grill area is about 11.5"x6"
so if you're gonna filter it, I'd go at least 12.5x7 to give 1/2" overlap, maybe a little more.

ahhh gotcha, good thinkin!

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the actual grill area is about 11.5"x6"
so if you're gonna filter it, I'd go at least 12.5x7 to give 1/2" overlap, maybe a little more.
thank you knd sir that exactly what i needed you rule!!!!! and i didnt post in the other thread but your console looks sweet

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Great Idea

That is a great Idea. I have just been pushing the recycled air button. If you find something that is a good fit please post the part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts